How did you get into pro wrestling?

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
At my great grandma’s crib one day and flipping through channels. Seen The Rock in the ring going off cutting a promo and it’s been on ever since :wow:
dc27adaeab4f5c6fe790a8e96d203b745bb443bc_hq.gif

Trips

Superstar
Daps
WCW/NWO World Tour on N64.
I swear I only bought an N64 for the THQ wrestling games, Goldeneye and NFL Blitz.

Still have an N64 hooked up with my retro stuff for just those purposes.

Did many of you watch the random Local/Regional indies that would have some time in your area. I remember when wrestling was super hot during the Monday night wars, it was nothing to see some random _WF or _CW local thing running late at night or in the afternoon on Saturday's. You'd flip the channel on and it be some BFE company but out of nowhere someone like the Bushwackers or Beefcake or some other rando dude from the 80's would show up and beat some random jobber.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I was a hater when it first blew up, but then The Rock and his catchphrases were everywhere and I thought he seemed cool, so tuned into Smackdown and was hooked soon after

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
For most of my childhood, I didn't fukk with wrestling because I thought it was just dudes rolling around in underwear but the NWO made me a fan and I haven't looked back since. Loved Hogan back then, but fukk him now.

pauljerico

Pro
Supporter
Daps
renting betamax casettes in '89 wrestlemanias,summerslam,rumbles and survivor series

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Watching cable with my brother and sister they happen to stumble upon WWF. Saw the Undertaker entrance and was :ohmy: I think the first match I remember was British Bulldog vs Owen Hart. My sis kept watching for a while and I tagged along, the most I remember was watching the road to WM XIV. There was no broadcast for PPVs though so after all the hype for Austin I just found out he won on the RAW after Mania :pachaha: it did lead to the McMahon feud though so I was thoroughly entertained.

But to be honest, I really got hooked on it in 99' when a national TV station began showing 60 minute condensed episodes of RAW. They had like a 9 month delay but there was no way I could get spoiled (was only 10 years old and there was no internet in my home) so I basically became a stan with the WWF's Attitude Era.

Last edited:

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
Around 92-94 when I was looking for a substitute to Boxing since Mike Tyson was Locked Up,I tuned into Superstars and I remember seeing them play up Operation Desert Storm wit Sgt Slaughter and Iron Shiek plus it was on Saturday Morning so it hit the rotation and I stuck around and Recorded a bunch,but id say 93 wit The Lex Express to 94 when Taker Died at The Rumble and WMX was when I was Fully Strapped in

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
My cousin introduced me, I think. Was right before Thuganomics John Cena turned into U Cant See Me Cena.

I stopped watching when the Shield turned on each other. Something about that whole thing made me feel like a shift was happening that I wasn't gonna fw.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Watching cable with my brother and sister they happen to stumble upon WWF. Saw the Undertaker entrance and was :ohmy: I think the first match I remember was British Bulldog vs Owen Hart. My sis kept watching for a while and I tagged along, the most I remember was watching the road to WM XV. There was no broadcast for PPVs though so after all the hype for Austin I just found out he won on the RAW after Mania :pachaha: it did lead to the McMahon feud though so I was thoroughly entertained.

But to be honest, I really got hooked on it in 99' when a national TV station began showing 60 minute condensed episodes of RAW. They had like a 9 month delay but there was no way I could get spoiled (was only 10 years old and there was no internet in my home) so I basically became a stan with the WWF's Attitude Era.
This sounds like how we had to watch Dragonball Z over here.

Crazy (and grateful for) how much the internet has changed things :wow: