How did you get into pro wrestling?

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My pops is still a fan to this day. Watches more NXT and AEW than I do. He's the reason. He's from the south so he's an oldschool NWA fan but he watched everything available. And so did me and my bros. My two older brothers were fans too I believe my oldest still is. My middle brother dropped off in the AE. He couldn't rock with the Goldust vs Razor Ramon feud. Then when he kissed Ahmed he was done lbs. But it was always on growing up. We even had the unscrambled ppv box to get the free ppvs until 99'. I remember the box not working for Over The Edge 99':mjcry:

Last edited:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
I don't remember a time in my life before wrestling, tbh.

My family is from Memphis so you can only imagine. Going all the way back to my great-aunt Elnora who used to work in a diner that Sputnik Monroe used to come to in the late 1950s. He would invite all the black folks to his matches and she would go and then the tradition kept going from there (if you don't know anything about him, you should check this out). Some of my earliest memories are watching Jerry Lawler, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan with my grandfather in the early 80s. Even tho my granddad used to say he was "all sizzle and no steak", I still had a Hulk Hogan lunchbox and belt buckle. I only remember seeing Ric Flair once but it stood out to me because I don't ever remember seeing my granddad hate anyone so much.

I've fallen in and out of the fandom at various points in my life, but it's always been with me.

Last edited:

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
I kinda went in waves with watching wrestling. When I was like 4 or 5, i think my sister used to watch, so I picked up on it and because a big fan. Kinda fell off of it a bit before high school, then picked it back up like Junior year of high school when I joined a rap crew with some older dudes who were big wrestling fans. Fell off of it again a bit after the WWF/E bought WCW, but I would check a bit of ROH here and there and some WWE stuff from time to time because a dude on a message board I used to frequent was signed to ROH. Then when my brother started wrestling, I basically just started following his career.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
If I had to guess it was around late 88 or early 89. We were on a family vacation visiting my great grandparents in Alabama I was in my Uncle's room and he had little a TV that only got like a handful of channels but I know I saw Superstars but I'm pretty sure I caught an NWA syndicated show and that really hooked me. And then once we got home I watched wrestling any chance I got. So Saturday's in the morning, I'd watch Superstars and I think it was Power Hour Saturday mornings. I'd drop basically everything to make sure I was home in time for 6:05 Saturday nights. On Sunday's there was probably Superstars again or some other random WWF thing. But, I definitely watched Main Event on TBS Sunday nights. During the school week I'd watch GWF/AWA on ESPN and we had a station that was playing USWA so I watched that. I was that kind of fanatic until '01.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
My mama and daddy both watched wrasslin. It was just part of our households tv viewing. Like i don't remember "getting into wrestling".

Came here to post this word for word

As cliche is it could sound I didn’t choose being a rasslin fan it was chosen for me and I’m alright with that.