How did you get into pro wrestling?

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
For me it literally feels like i was born into the culture, Wrestling was red hot in NYC even in the early 90s. My stepfather ordered Wrestlemania 9 as my first glimpse into wrestling,

My cousin had all sorts of recorded VHS tapes of Royal Rumbles, Survivor Series, Wrestlemanias, my favorite was Royal Rumble 1993, i watched that tape endlesy

My grandmother had a NES with Super Wrestlemania as one of the video games :mjlol:

Mr Softy had the GOAT ice cream bar that just happened to be WWF Ice Cream Bars

When my family moved to a home in New Jersey, i just happened to have a Jamaican neighbor who was also a wrestling mark :mjlol: and had a huge amount of VHS recorded PPV tapes that i would ask to borrow each time.
Couldnt escape play fighting it seemed it was necessity of human life at that point :heh:

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
Don't exactly remember, my earliest memory of me watching wrestling was me at around age 4 or 5 sitting in the living room of a family friend's apartment and seeing Chyna walk down the OG Smackdown ramp with the ovaltron on the right.

I have ZERO memory of how I came to know about The Rock, Stone Cold, Kane, etc. All I remember is my older cousin surprising me with WWF No Mercy and the blue Pikachu Nintendo 64 for Christmas Eve in 2000.

The best Christmas of my life so far :mjcry:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I was flipping through channels in ‘01 when I came across Sunday Night Heat before Survivor Series and saw Kurt Angle cutting a promo on the WWF vs The Alliance had me like :wtf:

Fast forward a couple months later flipping through channels again I come across Monday Night Raw see Triple H & Stephanie doing a promo where she said she was pregnant had me like :wtf::dahell::patrice:

Ended Up watching here & there until after WM 18 been watching ever since:ehh:

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
What got me back into wrestling after I had abandoned it when WCW and OG ECW died was when my internship manager said he thought I would like Ring of Honor after telling him I had given up on wrestling because I didn't like WWE (this was long before everyone started streaming everything and I think TNA was virtually dead at this point). So he gave me a bunch of DVDs to watch and I was hooked.

I have been off and on with watching wrestling ever since, but didn't really get back into it regularly until CM Punk returned to wrestling with AEW the other year ago.