How did white people convince us that our natural hairstyles were unprofessional and immature?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
As far as cornrows are concerned, you have to look at the majority of people that wear them :manny:

Dreadlocks aren't unprofessional, and in a lot of cases its for religious purposes... BUT again, you gotta look at the people who make them popular in pop culture.

its all about perception.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
As far as cornrows are concerned, you have to look at the majority of people that wear them :manny:

Dreadlocks aren't unprofessional, and in a lot of cases its for religious purposes... BUT again, you gotta look at the people who make them popular in pop culture.

its all about perception.
what do you mean the majority of the people?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Thats prob why ya spot is slack with the hair rules.
I'm in a client facing gig... wish I could let the hair out ...although my line going back:patrice:

fukk it ima let the beard grow:blessed:
hope I dont get fired:mjcry:
Movember. Cacs will understand

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
They initially attacked our skin...then they realised Black hair was totally different to anyone elses in the world then started attacking that too.

cacs are foul..you c00ns will straighten your afro then bleach your skin and have blue contacts but they still wont accept you. How many Black women get turned down for interviews even with long ass weave? Trying to live up to cac expectations or their warped view of the world is not worth anyones time anymore. If theres one thing we should have learned these pat two years its fukk a cac!! If you still conform to cac standards of beauty and justice then fukk you too!!

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
In turn...it makes those hate their own natural features and do everything to try to change them.

Blacks: skin bleaching, hair straightening, rhinoplasty, etc
Asians: Eye surgery to make their eyes appear more "western" (ie white)
Latinos: Changing their names from Spanish names to more anglicized/westernized/white names (Juan to Jon)
Indians: putting lighter skinned indians at the top while darker skinned indians are at the bottom

All of these are interchangeable.

The truth is...non-whites will NEVER assimilate into white culture...their very nature does not permit it and the nature of white supremacy doesn't allow it.

They literally going from Massa to Massa. Mexicans gave up there Aztec culture to white bearded men from Spain now they giving up their new culture to white bearded men from England.

Shazeer Fitzgerald

L O O K I N G and F I N D I N G
Daps
Reppin
The South.
Ive always wonder this as well. Someone should do a survey and ask white people why they think its unprofessional