How did white people convince us that our natural hairstyles were unprofessional and immature?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
simple.

by telling us on the ground level that we couldn't get jobs where they worked by having them....

then publishing magazine and social media articles with black people being upset that they couldn't get those jobs with them.

Sure, black people got upset and were outraged, but when they saw that they couldn't get those jobs, they stopped trying.

After all, what are you going to do?

Go work for someone else? :ld:
we need to own our own businessses!

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
we need to own our own businessses!

exactly.

it's the same thing with piercings and tattoos.

being white and somewhat educated with two hoop earrings, a pierced eyebrow, your long hair in a ponytail and tattoo sleeves that trail around your wrists means you're on the path of enlightenment and must have read Zen and the art of Motorcycle Repair.

If you're anything but white, guess what. :ld:

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
It is funny how everyone in the entire world wears the same type of business suits, dresses, military uniforms, same type of architecture, roads, cars, etc.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
The same way your categorizing people as black and white. The painful truth is many our beliefs and social norms are the results of being conditioned.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
It is funny how everyone in the entire world wears the same type of business suits, dresses, military uniforms, same type of architecture, roads, cars, etc.
Its funny alright. I was having a conversation with a lady and she was talking about how high heels make her feel sexy. I tried to get to the root of why heels or being taller makes her feel a certain way. It was not a pleasant conversation.

James Baldwin said his brief time in Harlem shaped who is was decades later. Its very important that we show our black children images that will sit with them until their time is up.

WeDemBoyz

All Star
Daps
exactly.

it's the same thing with piercings and tattoos.

being white and somewhat educated with two hoop earrings, a pierced eyebrow, your long hair in a ponytail and tattoo sleeves that trail around your wrists means you're on the path of enlightenment and must have read Zen and the art of Motorcycle Repair.

If you're anything but white, guess what. :ld:

:rozaylaugh:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
It's a war of cultures. They didn't just conquer the world, they shoved their culture down the world's throat. Lowkey, they fight for white culture harder than race. If you accept their culture...you submit to their superiority by default.

What I've been trying to tell nikkas who say their fighting white supremacy, but bow to white culture. I tell them fukk their entire culture, but it's hard because it's so drilled into society.

I try not to hate on nikkas who tear the English language up or dress counter to white standards, because it's saying fukk you and your culture. Even if it's unintentional.