How did white people convince us that our natural hairstyles were unprofessional and immature?

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
It's also why some racist cacs don't see themselves as racist. Those are the ones fighting for white culture. They don't hate you openly for your skin tone, they hate you because you're a threat to their norm which is white culture.

Those cacs demonizing Mike and Trayvon, not all of them hate per say black people, but they know our differences is a threat to their culture.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Keeping us down by hurting our pockets. Haircuts every 2,weeks are expensive :mjcry:

White people with long hair can just style it and still look professional :mjcry:

When my hair gets long I can only wear a durag and hope I don't wake up with a line in my head that won't go away :mjcry:
Theres alot of nikkas from the early 2000s with the permanant line. nikkas used to rock the doo rag under the fitted for no good reason :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
look at everything they influenced.

They have chinese men wearing european business suits

They have arabs and african leaders rocking european inspired military garb

they have women around the world wanting straight hair

I mean its not just black people.
Racism and white supremacy run deep.

Self-hatred and the need to fit a eurocentric ideal has infected all of the non-white peoples of the world.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Because whites have successfully demonized anything non-white so the only "rational" alternative for non-whites is to assimilate into white culture.
In turn...it makes those hate their own natural features and do everything to try to change them.

Blacks: skin bleaching, hair straightening, rhinoplasty, etc
Asians: Eye surgery to make their eyes appear more "western" (ie white)
Latinos: Changing their names from Spanish names to more anglicized/westernized/white names (Juan to Jon)
Indians: putting lighter skinned indians at the top while darker skinned indians are at the bottom

All of these are interchangeable.

The truth is...non-whites will NEVER assimilate into white culture...their very nature does not permit it and the nature of white supremacy doesn't allow it.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
simple.

by telling us on the ground level that we couldn't get jobs where they worked by having them....

then publishing magazine and social media articles with black people being upset that they couldn't get those jobs with them.

Sure, black people got upset and were outraged, but when they saw that they couldn't get those jobs, they stopped trying.

After all, what are you going to do?

Go work for someone else? :ld:
Let me tell you mayne...as a Nigerian/West Indian with a VERY African name...I faced so much job discrimination in my life....

I've sent out probably almost 1,000 resumes in my life. I've had dozens of interviews where I never made it past the first stage.

The only jobs that would hire me were only bullshyt sales jobs...or low paying minimum wage service industry jobs (fast food, etc).

It's like they see my name on my resume and just automatically throw it out...I could never get away with changing my name to something like "Ted" or "Timothy"...I don't look like either.

Then if I get the interview and come in in person...they already have their minds made up.

It's like this...you need money to make a living and to keep food on the table...
You need a job to make money.
You need college to get a job.
You need money to go to college to get a job to make money to make a living and survive.
How are you supposed to make money if no one will give you a job?
How are you supposed to go to college if you got no money?
How are you supposed to make a living if you no one will give you a job and you can't make money?

No wonder so many brothas turned to selling drugs or are just homeless on the streets holding up "can you spare me a dollar" signs. I don't blame them. It's easier to give up.

It's the nature of this capitalist society that by nature works against black folks.

That's what they want us to do; GIVE UP AND DIE. Sell drugs and go to prison or get killed and become another statistic. Be homeless and not even participate in this society. Not compete in the game they rigged in the first place. Have us thinking that we can't even play the game AT ALL.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
its a part of the conditioning just like how in prisons they shave your heads and make everyone wear orange clothing so then you could lose your individuality and what makes you different . White society wants blacks to conform to the status quo and white culture. And theyre winning. Cornrows was the hairstyle of choice for Black kings for centuries, theres nothing unprofessional about it. This was an Ethiopian emperor

emperortewodrosii.png

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
VOID
It's a war of cultures. They didn't just conquer the world, they shoved their culture down the world's throat. Lowkey, they fight for white culture harder than race. If you accept their culture...you submit to their superiority by default.

What I've been trying to tell nikkas who say their fighting white supremacy, but bow to white culture. I tell them fukk their entire culture, but it's hard because it's so drilled into society.

I try not to hate on nikkas who tear the English language up or dress counter to white standards, because it's saying fukk you and your culture. Even if it's unintentional.
Underrated post.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Where do yall nikkas work? :scust:

I got a long ass beard and my hair hasn't been cut in months and I don't get any backlash. I'm mixed so my shyt curly and pretty :ahh:

And I work for a large as corporation.....one of the most famous ones. We got blacks with dreads and black woman with all types of hair styles.

Even at my prior jobs...I had a husky beard and didn't shave my head low.

fukk alla dat.

My job is cool :ehh:

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Where do yall nikkas work? :scust:

I got a long ass beard and my hair hasn't been cut in months and I don't get any backlash. I'm mixed so my shyt curly and pretty :ahh:

And I work for a large as corporation.....one of the most famous ones. We got blacks with dreads and black woman with all types of hair styles.

Even at my prior jobs...I had a husky beard and didn't shave my head low.

fukk alla dat.

My job is cool :ehh:
you work in tech

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keeping us down by hurting our pockets. Haircuts every 2,weeks are expensive :mjcry:

White people with long hair can just style it and still look professional :mjcry:

When my hair gets long I can only wear a durag and hope I don't wake up with a line in my head that won't go away :mjcry:
My shyt grow fast so a cut every week:mjcry:

That time I miss a week, and conveniently all my wave caps vanish:mjcry:

Hair be looking:scust: