How did The Rock go from flopping for a decade + to biggest movie star in the game?

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
All I know is when he cones back to WWE, he'll have a louder pop than Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 38. :wow:

He's the only one that can beat our Tribal Chief.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Come on breh. Brock’s finisher move is called the F5. This match was literally the last match when he stopped being a full time wrestler and went to Hollywood.

This.

Try to talk about movies.
When rhe highest drawing actor is a wrassler. Then say you an expert but can not identify where and what the main draw in all of film currently is attached to tho.

Point to :
@Toe Jay Simpson

Loss : anyone not getting rhe irony and incredible on the cuff humor of the post.

That it had to be spelled out for you.
In a convo about the top drawing actor. Yet you are all in general experts tho.

Yeah.
Aight then tho.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
cuz he's the fukkin Rock that's why jabroni

Stone Cold Steve Austin definitely could have ate in Hollywood, maybe playing the straight man in an action comedy like Ice Cube does in them Kevin Hart joints.

Stone cold left a lot of money on the table in movies.

I get it tho.
I hate the downtime on set.
So maybe scsa has his reasons.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I still think his best role to date was his role in Pain & Gain as the religious cocaine addict.

This was a good role.

He was also good in those roles where he okays the comeback guy for whatever reason too.

I like most rock pictures.
I don't go see them all opening day like most people. Yet I still enjoy his performances.

If black Adam was not made in bollywood-vision shot in tubi scope.
Where it felt on the big screen like the co-plot to dc's injustice videogame.

I think black adam would have been better served at the box office.
if black adam told us more about Dr fate and hawkman. Plus the adam origin story telling had a wrasslin swerve level writing in it. That was pretty good.
Yet wrasslin swerve level script writing. I think that may have been oftputting as well to casuals. Rock has not had any movies.
I will write reviews for.
So I think this is a good place to post a rant on his movie performance.
Considering the thread content. Imo. Rock needs to go look up all the dope Arnold films. Then get writers and make a call. Rock's only career in Hollywood problem is. The rock does not have that film box office run Arnold had.
from the beginning of arnold's csreer at conan and red sonya. till that devil movie and the nine elem backlash. Rock needs a James Cameron film too. Maybe now Cameron did avatar. The rock could try to link with the master of mickie d's foam cartons.[oh BTW I called Cameron the master because Cameron's backgrounds on his early films. Are the best character in those early movies. That Cameron was making industrial light and magic with just Mickie d's cartons. That is how next level Cameron is on just film backgrounds. Maybe all the terminator script theft is real. Yet Cameron is worth his weight in Hollywood. As he does not need a sound stage he could make a practical one to film. On industrial light and magic level with literally no resources.]
Imo ...The rock needs that exact level of partnership.
Not the best in bollywood tubi videogame cut scene vision. The rock got for black Adam. The rock needs that exact partnership. to get the small things in Hollywood. his career lacks credibility wise.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The Rundown and Faster were lit.

The character in rundown should have had sequels and been a rock franchise.
The rock works best in that Indiana jones type role.
Imo,....
The rock should try to acquire cadillacs and dinosaurs.

That would be a ip.
i think rock would be better served as the face of next.
The main character is right in the rock's wheelhouse of the type of character. The rock plays really really well.

Art Barr

King Poetic

In My Lifetime
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
A people’s person

And know to leave, politics, race out of discussions.. plus rocks charisma and personality stands out..

Not of fan of all of rock projects but hes ok with me..

Unlike many blacks in our community, i dont want to hear athletes, rappers or entertainers talk about politics and their opinions on the hood… thats what we have city councilmen and women for

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
He hitched his way to established franchises

He ain’t make not a damn new franchise

Thank you. I give The Rock props for building a nice movie career but he's been a Big Star without really breaking Franchises though to me. Stallone did that, Arnold, Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks. All broke Franchises. Will's got "Bad Boys 4" dropping he broke that franchise 30 years ago along with "Men in Black". Tom broke "Mission Impossible" and "Top Gun", Tom Hanks broke "Toy Story" and "Divinci Code". The Rock seems to hop from Franchise to Franchise. Every time he's tried to start his own Franchise it failed or only did luke warm box office. Look at Harrison, say what you want about Indy 5, it's still a 40 year old Franchise that he broke and it's still generating. Has anything the Rock done....will be generating Decades from now that he could come back to?

Arnold came back to "Terminator" a few years ago because he broke that Franchise. "Fast and Furious" was not his Franchise (Vin and Paul blew it up). "Jumanji" was not his Franchise (Robin Williams blew it up). "The Mummy" was not his Franchise (Brendon Frasier blew it up. Plus he does have a lot of underperformers and flops in his catalog but because "Fast and Furious" and "Jumanji" sequels were big, they mask it. With all that said, considering he started in Wrestling, you can't hate on his overall career. But again he isn't breaking a Franchise. He contributing to them but not breaking them. "Black Adam" should have been the start of him doing that. I think too many people hated on that Movie. It could have been more but WB and James Gunn undercut him. Yet "Black Adam" grossed more than the hyped up "Flash". I think him and Kevin have a great chemistry and should keep working together.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
what's kind of sad is i actually think he is a decent actor

but he has decided to just be typecast in roles that don’t require showing it
I think he's solid too, and easily could be a great action star...like legendary, but dude has relegated himself established ensemble franchise bullshyt. He only seems concerned with making money. Which I get starting off...but dude has to have like 400 million now, make something that isn't meant to be a blockbuster. Make something for the action movie purists.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I think he's solid too, and easily could be a great action star...like legendary, but dude has relegated himself established ensemble franchise bullshyt. He only seems concerned with making money. Which I get starting off...but dude has to have like 400 million now, make something that isn't meant to be a blockbuster. Make something for the action movie purists.
he kinda tried w/ skyscrapper...and that shyt was average at best.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Thank you. I give The Rock props for building a nice movie career but he's been a Big Star without really breaking Franchises though to me. Stallone did that, Arnold, Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks. All broke Franchises. Will's got "Bad Boys 4" dropping he broke that franchise 30 years ago along with "Men in Black". Tom broke "Mission Impossible" and "Top Gun", Tom Hanks broke "Toy Story" and "Divinci Code". The Rock seems to hop from Franchise to Franchise. Every time he's tried to start his own Franchise it failed or only did luke warm box office. Look at Harrison, say what you want about Indy 5, it's still a 40 year old Franchise that he broke and it's still generating. Has anything the Rock done....will be generating Decades from now that he could come back to?

Arnold came back to "Terminator" a few years ago because he broke that Franchise. "Fast and Furious" was not his Franchise (Vin and Paul blew it up). "Jumanji" was not his Franchise (Robin Williams blew it up). "The Mummy" was not his Franchise (Brendon Frasier blew it up. Plus he does have a lot of underperformers and flops in his catalog but because "Fast and Furious" and "Jumanji" sequels were big, they mask it. With all that said, considering he started in Wrestling, you can't hate on his overall career. But again he isn't breaking a Franchise. He contributing to them but not breaking them. "Black Adam" should have been the start of him doing that. I think too many people hated on that Movie. It could have been more but WB and James Gunn undercut him. Yet "Black Adam" grossed more than the hyped up "Flash". I think him and Kevin have a great chemistry and should keep working together.

Facts