How did The Rock go from flopping for a decade + to biggest movie star in the game?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Come on breh. Brock’s finisher move is called the F5. This match was literally the last match when he stopped being a full time wrestler and went to Hollywood.

20180412-QPVEoMRax6jlxcBMvL1h

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the way I saw it when he first got started was that he was trying to legit be seen as diverse actor with range to a degree. Everybody wanted him to go the action hero route but that was too obvious I guess. But it wasn't panning out too well so he said fukk it and its been working out imo, some bumps along the way but what path doesn't.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
A couple of reasons.

He is naturally personable and his years and pedigree in wrestling catered to his natural strengths.

Being racially ambiguous helped him stand out in the 2000s as people were getting fatigued at the white action star at that point. It also helped that he stayed relatively apolitical (though he seems to be a moderate conservative).

He was willing to take smaller, supporting roles and even flops like the Scorpion King still reflected positively on him. Built a cult following with movies like the Rundown and Walking Tall.

The Rock was one of the few wrestlers smart enough to leverage his brand into something beyond the mat.

Last edited: