How did The Rock go from flopping for a decade + to biggest movie star in the game?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nothing sad about it, he's an average actor that has studied a blue print others have used to great success

If the rock is average.

Then what other top drawing scripted actor is drawing on his level tho.

Rock is not average.
When he was just a little trained. He was better on screen.
that all his other grappler contemporaries were acting up and they still paled in comparison to rock on screen.

We seen Cripple ache act as a lead villain. Plus his other clique phonies and cronies.
as lead villains. Either under a hood or in stripes.
Where i csn safely say it was bullshyt. Rock and scsa [ric flair's protege as well]
actually have blockbuster hollywood style acting chops. They are the only two in wrasslin history. who were naturals on screen. Who made the jump from Inring to Hollywood sound stage.
Where now we have a good sample of wrasslers as actors. Where it shows that scsa and rock were Hollywood naturals and leagues above their contemporaries in a number of variables. That attributed to how wrasslin became so mainstream. The rock eventually became the biggest Hollywood draw as well.

It is a reason those two were rhe highest profitable draws in wrasslin history and actually have great scenes in their movies.
They both were leagues and sheer levels. above their contemporaries in history.

Art Barr

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Rock was on TV daily Two to three times a week.
That realistically. No one in Hollywood.
has that level of experience.
to know the game of attrition involved and how to be successful. at the long term game of attrition a draw based business is. If you think about it. The Rock is where he is because he consistently put in more time professionally.
On a stage than the other people in Hollywood.
Especially in a world.
where you can be rewarded.
just for beating the long term war of attrition.
that is a draw based business.
Rock actually has more on screen time, than anyone else in Hollywood.

Which imo is why he is the highest draw.
As more people witnessed him in numerous gateways. Plus consistency in the film market.
which goes a long way for the outsider art Hollywood blockbuster draw.
the rock has developed into.

Rock literally learned to job the big match. Or in Hollywood's case. Man a box office loss or lack of critical acclaim. While still remaining over. Which I attribute to rock's beginnings.
as an outsider art style actor. Hailing from the squared circle of all places.

Art Barr
I agree with this completely, and he's probably easy to work with and gets things done faster probably because he has so much experience, LIVE experience as well, meaning get it right the first time, no do overs.

The price tag is heavy but he's probably a director's dream and easy to work with

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The rock could get a franchise.

He could be the biggest bad.
Who sends omni man off in invincible.

I see it as his equivalent to Marlon Brando in superman moment.
Without all the headaches Brando was on the set of superman.

Art Barr

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
He’s a good guy with great relationships who never speaks on politics, religion, gender, etc.

He’s also the definition of what an Action Star should look like.

And Rock actually has SOME acting skills he's not corny... when he first started out he built himself up...:ld: now he's just after a bag...:russ:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
All I know is Dwayne better not be Kratos in the God of War movie

Who else are you gonna get tho.
I want to see the rock as a father to the boy in that movie. The same way I want to see Bron and bronny play on the same Team like Ken griffey senior and junior.
Since rock does not have a son.
I would like to see the rock progress. to what that character is in the videogame space on film.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Rock was on TV daily Two to three times a week.
That realistically. No one in Hollywood.
has that level of experience.
to know the game of attrition involved and how to be successful. at the long term game of attrition a draw based business is. If you think about it. The Rock is where he is because he consistently put in more time professionally.
On a stage than the other people in Hollywood.
Especially in a world.
where you can be rewarded.
just for beating the long term war of attrition.
that is a draw based business.
Rock actually has more on screen time, than anyone else in Hollywood.

Which imo is why he is the highest draw.
As more people witnessed him in numerous gateways. Plus consistency in the film market.
which goes a long way for the outsider art Hollywood blockbuster draw.
the rock has developed into.

Rock literally learned to job the big match. Or in Hollywood's case. Man a box office loss or lack of critical acclaim. While still remaining over. Which I attribute to rock's beginnings.
as an outsider art style actor. Hailing from the squared circle of all places.

Art Barr

Good Breakdown. I agree Rock learned a lot being on Television for so long. That's why I said you can't hate on his career. These facts show what Rock has done transiting from Wrestling to movies has been historic. Look at Hulk Hogan's movie career. It flamed out fast. Most Wrestlers can't make that transition or they are stuck in the "Straight to Video" type movies. I'm looking forward to see what he does next. Also in fairness to the Rock, some of those underperformers wasn't all his fault. Some were dramas or ensembles. But movies Like "Doom". That was a good idea to make a movie but they didn't give it the proper budget. As for my criticism of him not breaking a Franchise. It's not like he didn't try. "Rampage" is one of the highest grossing Video Game movies. "San Andres" and "Skyscraper" were also action films he was able to take to decent numbers. I believe he can do it with the right vehicles. If Rock would have stayed on "Scorpion King" I think it would have been a bigger spin off franchise instead of straight to video status now. This is why I was upset with what happen with "Black Adam".

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
Everyone dapped him but no one dapper you

Tell me one rock movie that’s seeing a Arnold film
Only fakkits care about fishing for daps. Truth stands on it's own.

The Terminator's catalog is 1000% better than the Rock's overall even account for nostalgia, etc.

But that Collateral Damage is better than the Rundown?

:hhh:

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
cuz he's the fukkin Rock that's why jabroni

Stone Cold Steve Austin definitely could have ate in Hollywood, maybe playing the straight man in an action comedy like Ice Cube does in them Kevin Hart joints.
Austin ate off them competitive reality tv shows, but definitely could’ve found some better lane in Hollywood than he did

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Only fakkits care about fishing for daps. Truth stands on it's own.

The Terminator's catalog is 1000% better than the Rock's overall even account for nostalgia, etc.

But that Collateral Damage is better than the Rundown?

:hhh:

Yes
:childplease: