How did Lance Stephenson go from NYC Legend to Laughing Stock of NBA?

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
lol didn't Durant and Jennings on Twitter have a dumb argument on which state had the best players and Jennings continuing saying some dumb sh!t lol but naw NYC players get way too much hype, which in part also ruins the player too in the league but yea Chi-town is on the come up with D-Rose, Evan Turner, Iman Shumpert, Iggy, and Tony Allen off top of my head

Anthony Davis, Jabari Parker

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Current Chi stars in the L in the playoffs:

Juwan Howard

pif-o.gif

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
He'll get burn next season. Bird refuses to trade him saying he's talented, calls him the most talented player on the team, but for now he's a defensive liability.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
NYC talent has been overrated for damn near 2 decades now, the media hype of the players just kills them before they ever get a chance.

The coaching, especially in the public NYC schools, is awful.

Add in the AUU nonsense...its no surprise.

NYC Rebel

Daps
You ever deal with AAU coaches? They're morons.

I deal with them regularly

I can't speak for your experience, and I'm certain you feel "They're morons" applies to lots of people :scheme:

But the AAU slander gets out of hand when AAU teams have produced much of the current young talent we see in the league.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I can't speak for your experience, and I'm certain you feel "They're morons" applies to lots of people :scheme:

But the AAU slander gets out of hand when AAU teams have produced much of the current young talent we see in the league.

Yeah- if you're awesome it makes no difference...i'm talking about the kids that are clearly not D1 talents that get fed BS...which happens constantly. Im not talking about NBA kids here.

Too many kids transferring after 1 year...it's all coming from their AAU coach getting in their ear.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Yeah- if you're awesome it makes no difference...i'm talking about the kids that are clearly not D1 talents that get fed BS...which happens constantly. Im not talking about NBA kids here.

Too many kids transferring after 1 year...it's all coming from their AAU coach getting in their ear.

That can't POSSIBLY happen to kids who didn't play for AAU teams.

And considering how well the kids who come out after one year perform (Kyrie gave his AAU coach the car he was given for winning ROY), I say they're doing quite fine.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
That can't POSSIBLY happen to kids who didn't play for AAU teams.

And considering how well the kids who come out after one year perform (Kyrie gave his AAU coach the car he was given for winning ROY), I say they're doing quite fine.

Kyrie Irving? I just said if you're awesome it makes no difference.

Im talking about the benches on AAU teams that are looking to go D1, are told they're D1, go D1, suck, then transfer....or the opposite, they end up going D2, think they're D1 and cause problems.

AAU, overally, to me is a racket....especially for the kids who arent top tier talent that constantly get bad advice

I must say not all of them are bad....for 1- the DC assault is a great program. NYC seems to have issues though.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Kyrie Irving? I just said if you're awesome it makes no difference.

Im talking about the benches on AAU teams that are looking to go D1, are told they're D1, go D1, ......

I stopped reading after "go D1"

If they get a D1 scholarship and suck, blame the school for offering them a D1 scholarship. That AAU coach did his job. How are you going to overlook this mythical school's mistake by signing the kid?

:stopitslime:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I stopped reading after "go D1"

If hey get a D1 scholarship and suck, blame the school for offering them a D1 scholarship. That AAU coach did his job. How are you going to overlook this mythical school's mistake by signing the kid?

:stopitslime:

So the AAU coaches job is to send a kid to a D1 program when he knows he isn't a D1 talent? That's not scummy to you? Hey its only an 18 year old right?

A coaches job is to send the kid to the best possible place for him to succeed...not to make himself and his program look better by getting another kid to a big program(especially when he knows it isnt going to work, which happens all the time)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You ever deal with AAU coaches? They're morons.

I deal with them regularly
AAU coaches all over the country

its very big here in the DC area, and we still churn out players.

I feel the problem is bigger than that in NYC. Just like its bigger than media hype, and the And1/Streetball culture.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
AAU coaches all over the country

its very big here in the DC area, and we still churn out players.

I feel the problem is bigger than that in NYC. Just like its bigger than media hype, and the And1/Streetball culture.

like I said DC Assault is a great program...the Catholic league down there is legit

NYC Rebel

Daps
So the AAU coaches job is to send a kid to a D1 program when he knows he isn't a D1 talent? That's not scummy to you? Hey its only an 18 year old right?

Hold up.

Why are you completely disregarding the schools part in handing over a D1 scholarship?

Why are you blaming AAU coaches for that?

:wtf: