How Did Kevin Hart Become So Successful?

Juven

All Star
Daps
Will you admit luck plays a role as well? If other comics grind just as hard as he does they still might never get the same opportunities he does.

Also, do you think Kev is bigger than Seinfeld was at his prime?

you gotta follow the money. i guess people like kevin hart

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
When you say he works harder than anyone else what does that mean when it comes to a stand up comic? I don't really find him funny to be honest, but in terms of hard work does he go on tour more often/on the road more often than other comics?

And when you say he is maximizing his opportunity, what if others don't have that same opportunity as him?

every comic has access to social media he just found a way to harness it dude started on the chitling circuit like every comic did shytty movies (Soul Plane) and grew his fan base little by little until that scene in 40 year old virgin and he capitalised from that opportunity and what he did ever since is nothing short of amazing if only Patrice was there to see his boy making it like this :to:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Social Media. He's said time and time again he's used social media to exponentially grow his brand. More comics should follow his lead and embrace it.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm no fan, but he found his niche of making the same unfunny movie' Blockbusters:lupe::yeshrug:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Will you admit luck plays a role as well? If other comics grind just as hard as he does they still might never get the same opportunities he does.

Also, do you think Kev is bigger than Seinfeld was at his prime?
I'm fascinate by the idea of luck. I believe in it so much and at the same time I believe in a higher power, everything's written etc. and also that we can bend our fate by the force of will. Might seem contradictory to you.

So this notion of luck.. it's real to me... but I really believe some people are lucky. Why are they lucky? The work for it. What is luck? Opportunity (the right circumstances), the readiness to take advantage of it and timing. You need all 3. 2 and it doesn't work. Kevin's GRIND - the smartness of it is presenting him with great opportunities and he seems like he's fully ready to reap his blessings.

But the timing is perfect for him. His schtick is perfect for the mid 2010's, it wouldn't work 10, 20, 30 years ago. That funny beta-male black guy character (not saying that's his true personality, he's definitely a person confident in his own skin and dominates as a true Alpha). The sensitivity of it wouldn't have worked in any other era but it's perfect for this one.

Timing - again, the competition is wide open. No other comedian of any ethnicity is super talented and popping at the moment. It's wide open for him. He's the first name that comes to mind when you think comedic movies. He's this generations Eddie Murphy in terms of position. But he's not as funny or talented but he can make those movies in his beta-male schtick and it will work. IN any other era a more talented person would make it much harder for Kevin to be top dog across all demo's as he has done.

BUT what I will say is... Kevin will most likely go further than them all with less talent because of this work.

Quick point about the other comics.. the can grind a hard but their schtick doesn't work or isn't as universally relevant in 2016 as Kevin and they don't have his social media genius. Snapchat was wide open for 2-3 years for a celeb to really be famous on it... fukking DJ Khaled became the star of that shyt.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Kevin Hart appeals to all those people that have wack senses of humor. Like how many people have we seen post those stupid meme of him making a funny face or that stupid ass "he wasn't ready" memes. There are all these people who are just corny at heart and he taps into that. They just like that he loud and outgoing. He's like the pop music of comedy.