How Did Kevin Hart Become So Successful?

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
consistency and cross marketing across multiple markets.

The way he went after the active (exercising) community was flawless. Made a point of hosting runs while on your.

He started doing crossover movies as soon as he could with scene stealing performances. Then taking an ownership stake when he began starring in his own movies

Charging Hollywood for access to his Fanbase to further monetize his fan base.

He continued to work with majority black viewing platform like BET when he didn't have to.

His format for doing specials every two years helps to keep him relevant in comedy. Something comics before him have let go of when they crossed over.

Great post, you really broke it down. Man, he is living the life.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Shows every tooth to CACS. Never speaks on black social issues. Tap dances in public every chance he gets. He's the new OJ

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
When you say he works harder than anyone else what does that mean when it comes to a stand up comic? I don't really find him funny to be honest, but in terms of hard work does he go on tour more often/on the road more often than other comics?

And when you say he is maximizing his opportunity, what if others don't have that same opportunity as him?
He works harder because he just does. He takes every movie, he stays on tour, he stays promoting himself on social media, etc. No other comedian is working harder than him and Steve Harvey. As far as opportunity, if others dont have the same chance, thats just the randomness of life. Just like the man growing rice in cambodia doesnt have the same opportunities you do. I was only comparing him against others who HAVE had the same opportunity as him, and acknowledging he has maximized it better than his contemporaries.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
He works harder because he just does. He takes every movie, he stays on tour, he stays promoting himself on social media, etc. No other comedian is working harder than him and Steve Harvey. As far as opportunity, if others dont have the same chance, thats just the randomness of life. Just like the man growing rice in cambodia doesnt have the same opportunities you do. I was only comparing him against others who HAVE had the same opportunity as him, and acknowledging he has maximized it better than his contemporaries.

Thanks for breaking it down, I get it now. Speaking of Steve Harvey, you are def. right. Who do you feel is bigger between the two?

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
He's getting money but his place among great comedians like Murphy,Pryor, and Seinfield will be a great debate

Melza

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Daps
Some of you must be really young because he's no more successful than than other Comedians. Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, etc. all had their time. It comes and goes, and I'm sure Kevin realizes this so he's capitalizing on his fame for as long as he can. Good for him. Can't say I enjoy his work but I can't knock the hustle.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Some of you must be really young because he's no more successful than than other Comedians. Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, etc. all had their time. It comes and goes, and I'm sure Kevin realizes this so he's capitalizing on his fame for as long as he can. Good for him. Can't say I enjoy his work but I can't knock the hustle.
Eddie had classic ass films that he starred Kevin is always a sidekick

Dave24

Superstar
Daps

This his run is actually getting bigger than those two, and I don't even find him as funny as Rock or Murphy.

Melza

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Daps
This his run is actually getting bigger than those two, and I don't even find him as funny as Rock or Murphy.

Nah I don't think so. What he's running the risk of right now is doing too much and harming his legacy. Some of his most recent movies have been really really bad. He better be careful before he runs his career in to the ground, à la Eddie Murphy.