How come the hood doesn't recognize the brillance of The Godfather 1 and 2?

Walkman

Banned
Daps
For as popular as mafia flicks are among us nikkas I hardly ever meet a nikka who bigs up The Godfather 1 and 2. nikkas will talk all day everyday about Scarface, Carlito's Way (I do like this one too) Goodfellas(one of my favorites) but how home nikkas don't quote or reference The Godfather 1 and 2 more? As popular as The Godfather first two movies I hardly ever hear a nikka I know quote it or refer back to it but nikkas I know wil be quick to go back to Scarface, Carlito's Way, Goodfellas etc.. Whats up with that?

Walkman

Banned
Daps
they are older movies, how old are the people you know? The godfather came out in 1972.

Anywhere from 27 to late 30's. And all though they older movies classics are timeless no matter the generation or era.

Daps
Anywhere from 27 to late 30's. And all though they older movies classics are timeless no matter the generation or era.

But what other older movies are they bigging up?

I bet if you specifically asked them about The Godfathers they wouldn't have a bad word to say about them.

Walkman

Banned
Daps
Scarface is set in the 80's yet Future in 2013 or 2012 making songs bout him still

Carlito's Way was based in the late 70's yet nikkas 20ish still reference this movie

Goodfellas is based in the 50's unto the 80's and yet it gets embraced

So that time era defense aint a good arguement

Walkman

Banned
Daps
But what other older movies are they bigging up?

I bet if you specifically asked them about The Godfathers they wouldn't have a bad word to say about them.

Im just asking why dont they embrace like Goodfellas or Scarface. Now Goodfellas is a classic and one of favorites and it lives up to it's hype but Scarface? Nope

I just don't ynderstand why more nikkas dont refernce The Godfathr like they do Scarface etc

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think because it looks so old they underestimate it. shyt is on GOAT status tho. GF2 is the ultimate gangster flick. Prime Michael Corleone shyts on ALL dons who appeared after him. Even T Soprano.
"Senator. We're both part of the same hypocrisy...but never think it applies to my family."

"Senator? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally."

"Tom, you know you surprise me. If anything in this life is certain - if history has taught us anything - it's that you can kill *anybody*.

"I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies."

^Quotes from the Don of all Dons

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I prefer those 2 Godfather movies , but they are long movies without a lot of action that has a lot more going on. The Godfather is not gonna appeal to a hood niigga. It's as simple as that.

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not sure but in reality scarface doesn't hold a candle to either of the godfathers or carlito's way. it's probably the worst movie out of every one mentioned(i think it's a great movie still don't get me wrong), yet it gets talked about the most. i think people can just relate to having nothing and then getting a piece of the pie. the godather 2 is the best crime related movie ever released(possibly best movie period) you get a prequel and a sequel all in one. it was just amazing film work.