how come nas can't make turn up music ?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:beli:

You're talking about the man who penned Black Girl Lost. He aint gonna be out here making music for thots to twerk to. Nas is a true lyricist. Not some dr. suess rapper that can only rhyme cat with hat, or nikka with nikka.

Stupid Thread :camby:

You nas stans are fukking losers.

Black girl Lost isn't something that is unique to what other rappers do.

Jay, Ross, Drake, TI, Wayne and Kendrick have all made songs as "deep" as black girl lost and make songs to turn up too as well

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You nas stans are fukking losers.

Jay, Ross, Drake, TI, Wayne and Kendrick have all made songs as "deep" as black girl lost and make songs to turn up too as well

So did Nas.
He'll make club joints on certain albums and then not push them as singles anyway, because half the time the people ask why Nas is making a club joint. But as he's proven with Made You Look, Hate Me Now, The Don he can make a party record just not a contemporary 808s southern turn up type joint, and that's okay in terms of standing out.

I mean some people in this thread are acting like we talking about Kweli, Mos Def etc in terms of a dude who never could or did make a club record and we've all heard Nas featured or crafted on some records like this so I dont see the big deal..

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So did Nas.
He'll make club joints on certain albums and then not push them as singles anyway, because half the time the people ask why Nas is making a club joint. But as he's proven with Made You Look, Hate Me Now, The Don he can make a party record just not a contemporary 808s southern turn up type joint, and that's okay in terms of standing out.

I mean some people in this thread are acting like we talking about Kweli, Mos Def etc in terms of a dude who never could or did make a club record and we've all heard Nas featured or crafted on some records like this so I dont see the big deal..
Made you look was 12 years ago.

The Don is not a club banger, Turn up song, Something in a DJs playlist at any legitimate place were people go to party

We are talking about Kweli, Mos Def, etc

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Made you look was 12 years ago.

The Don is not a club banger, Turn up song, Something in a DJs playlist at any legitimate place were people go to party

We are talking about Kweli, Mos Def, etc

Oh I dont know about that because in the summer of 2012, when I was NYC and London it was ringing out everywhere. Even had legendary dance act Massive Attack remix it. Maybe its a regional thing because that loop of Super cat rings out in some places that like traditional north east tracks and it does make it sound like Imma Hustler but probably doesnt float in south or whatever but it was knocking and was definetly playing. We even had a whole thread on it and in the hottest MC's thing MTV did they admitted it was bumping for the summer.

He's always been featured on records, and whether 12, 15 years or now if people are still bringing out a Hate Me Now, more power to him. Snoop dont make club joints like he used, people will still bring out Drop it Like its Hot from 10 years ago and this doesnt seem to get questioned. People still bring out that damn Ice Cube You Can Do it record from time to time.

Cats will always have their run on party records even if they now dont. 50 Cent was always good money for that, now not so much but even if its been years, least he has that memorable party or turn up record batch. Nas same thing.

Frankly, I prefer the Hip Hop clubs that dont just play the same Migos/Drake/Future rotation and pull it back or throw something different or mix it up. you know how it goes out here

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Oh I dont know about that because in the summer of 2012, when I was NYC and London it was ringing out everywhere. Even had legendary dance act Massive Attack remix it. Maybe its a regional thing because that loop of Super cat rings out in some places that like traditional north east tracks and it does make it sound like Imma Hustler but probably doesnt float in south or whatever but it was knocking and was definetly playing. We even had a whole thread on it and in the hottest MC's thing MTV did they admitted it was bumping for the summer.

He's always been featured on records, and whether 12, 15 years or now if people are still bringing out a Hate Me Now, more power to him. Snoop dont make club joints like he used, people will still bring out Drop it Like its Hot from 10 years ago and this doesnt seem to get questioned. People still bring out that damn Ice Cube You Can Do it record from time to time.

Cats will always have their run on party records even if they now dont. 50 Cent was always good money for that, now not so much but even if its been years, least he has that memorable party or turn up record batch. Nas same thing.

Frankly, I prefer the Hip Hop clubs that dont just play the same Migos/Drake/Future rotation and pull it back or throw something different or mix it up. you know how it goes out here
Jay z is still capable of making club records.

TI and wayne are as well.

We are talking about music you can turn up too would be club music of the past 5 years or so.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Jay z is still capable of making club records.

TI and wayne are as well.

We are talking about music you can turn up too would be club music of the past 5 years or so.

Its interesting you mention those 3, because their recent club records feel like they are actually songs of other people and their just the side feature (Iggy, Drake, Rick Ross), that pretty much opens up the argument that does that actually make it a hindrance rather than a merit

fukkwithmeyouknowigotit is great but dont that feel like the fat boy's joint, same with Ye on nikkas with Paris. Not sure what that says really.

Most club records of the past 5 years tend to sound the same. I actually am not one of those "Hip Hop sucks nowadays" people cause there's enough diversity of acts you can see, but man the mainstream club scene you speak of sounds like the same joint nowadays. Its a bit like complaining about what kinda action movies Michael Mann can still do the past 5 years in a Michael Bay influenced kind of world you know?

I think thats why the last few years or so you still see a lot of spots (outside of the south) still pull out old records 10-15 years back. You always got that set during the night

Lowkey that Hip House is coming back though, Vic Mensa been bubbling all summer with that joint. Might have taken Cudi's spot with it:patrice:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
You nas stans are fukking losers.an any

So can Nas

Oochie Wally is one of the ultimate club songs, bangs more than any club song T.I has ever made for sure.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
10 years later, this shyt still goes hard!

And Nas went in on the track, threw shots at the ROC throughout his verse.

"First off, this is Nas, I'm the braveheart veteran,
And y'all already know who I'm better than :ahh:"

The official vid below:

the bravehearts were a good outlet for Nas ignant side