how come nas can't make turn up music ?

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
He tried w/Summer on Smash but man...like somebody said, his voice just doesn't translate well with those type of tracks.

It's like lyrically, he can't dumb it down to make those type of songs sound "believable" if that makes sense. And for that, i'm happy he doesn't try to force himself into that lane :ahh:

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
He tried w/Summer on Smash but man...like somebody said, his voice just doesn't translate well with those type of tracks.

It's like lyrically, he can't dumb it down to make those type of songs sound "believable" if that makes sense. And for that, i'm happy he doesn't try to force himself into that lane :ahh:
"Smack black jack mack rats sellin loose cracks plus the island is packed black" aint dumbed down lyrics :dwillhuh:

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
:beli:

You're talking about the man who penned Black Girl Lost. He aint gonna be out here making music for thots to twerk to. Nas is a true lyricist. Not some dr. suess rapper that can only rhyme cat with hat, or nikka with nikka.

Stupid Thread :camby:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
come on @intilectual recipricol
you're better than this!!
tumblr_m6m0c7Htgw1raq7mho1_500.gif
No he's not:mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
trying to make hit singles all the time hurts the quality of your music just like shooting too many three pointers hurts your basketball game, look no further than blueprint 3 or magna carta holy grail, each album had a couple good tracks, and each song was essentially a single in of itself

Singles and turn up music can be two different things.

"Holy Grail" is not turn up music.

Jay goes into the booth with swizz and Makes "On to the next"

Nas goes into the booth with swizz and Makes "Summer on Smash"

Who was more effective and why?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Singles and turn up music can be two different things.

"Holy Grail" is not turn up music.

Jay goes into the booth with swizz and Makes "On to the next"

Nas goes into the booth with swizz and Makes "Summer on Smash"

Who was more effective and why?
That and 70% of any Jay album is filled with songs that are not suited for radio, they just have widespread appeal. The answer is simple, it's not Nas' personality. He's not that type of dude. He tries to make those records and it comes off unnatural. It's a weakness and that's fine. He can hit on it now and then, but not with any consistency. An emcee isn't going to be great at everything. There's no need to feel offended by it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
That and 70% of any Jay album is filled with songs that are not suited for radio, they just have widespread appeal. The answer is simple, it's not Nas' personality. He's not that type of dude. He tries to make those records and it comes off unnatural. It's a weakness and that's fine. He can hit on it now and then, but not with any consistency. An emcee isn't going to be great at everything. There's no need to feel offended by it.

This is basically the opposite of the argument Nas stans give about Jay's lack of storytelling rap.

I never see Jay fans try to pass off songs as storytelling or saying "storytelling is for dumb folk, He's a smarter rapper"

Most just say He doesn't make those tracks :manny: