How come black men get a pass for only dating light skinned girls?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
:stroll: sup :troll:

Geez fellas its getting late
WebRI.gif

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Read what I typed and read what you typed with an intelligent mind...

Being racist in dating is the same as being racist in working...And in everything else...

"All that should matter is if you can get the job done regardless of your race?"

Ideally, that's the way we should think about every situation in life..."The only thing that should matter is the character of the individual"

But obviously that's not the case, and we learn to be racist, we are not born that way...

Racism and ethnocentrism mean the same thing regardless of the social issue...

If you really loved a green girl and you thought in your heart that you could be good to her, and she told you "I only date green people," how is that different that a potential employer telling you "I only hire green people"

In both cases, you can do the job, the only thing limiting you is the shade of your skin...

What if a restaurant had a "only green people allowed" sign at the front?

Race influencing your dating/sex preferences and race influencing your work decisions are not the same thing though.

There is no difference between a black man who edits newspaper articles superbly and a white man who does. If the black man does it better, he should get the job. If a white man does it better, he should get the job.

However, there are physical and cultural attributes that are racially exclusive and will obviously have more of an impact in the sex/dating life of a person than it would in the work force. I like brown skin. It reminds me of chocolate and makes me want to lick my woman from head to toe. I like their afro curls, dread lochs, braids, juicy lips, and fat, shapely asses. I like how our women's noses, their eyes are shaped. I like how when they're bent over for doggystyle it reminds me of a juicy, brown apple. I adore their style, their smell, how they can relate to me as a fellow black person, and their oftentimes urban accents.

With that said, a white, asian, or hispanic woman can't "get the job done" for me. The majority of white men feel the same way about their women. Nothing wrong with that.

However, they could certainly do the job for me if I were an employer and their non-raced based attributes and talents fit the bill. So even though there's a slim chance I'd actually want to date or fukk one, I'd definitely want them on my team if they're good at what I need them to do. They're human beings and deserve to make a living, and I'd be happy to provide that opportunity for them. I don't let my racial biases interfere with interacting with, helping, and liking people of other races. I just don't want them to have my kids :russ:

I hope you understand how it's not the same thing now and why generalizing race "issues" is unwise. Read what I said and what you said with an intelligent mind.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
saw a black woman today with a white dude and nobody gave a fucc...iono why people always act like folks got a problem with interracial dating...its 2013

and aint my fault light skin women look better

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I think this thread would've been executed better if the topic were: "Why do black (people) get a pass for only preferring light-skinned/mixed (partners) but get accused of putting white (people) on a pedestal when dating interracially"

...or something like that. :notsure:

It's odd. There are black guys that only date black women that are light-skinned/mixed or have some sort of suburban influence. This is perfectly fine and there's never any of that "I need a woman that can understand and relate to my experience " talk there. It's just accepted in silence.

...but if you date a white chick (no matter what her background is), you're selling out your race and treating white skin like a trophy. It's assumed that there's NO way the two of you are supposed to relate on any level and it's always assumed that she's racist underneath it all or has some sort of fetish or ulterior motive to piss her parents off.

...or it's because the black guy's a lame that "couldn't get black women." A million conspiracy theories for something as simple as people having preferences. :laugh:

you know what tho

women never catch flac for prefering dark skin guys

True. Hell, they didn't catch flack for preferring light-skinned guys. I remember the BlackPlanet days in the 2000's. Almost every black girl had "I like light-skinned boys with braids/waves and hazel eyes." Saw it all first-hand in high school. There was never a debate then. :leostare:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Dark skin girls better b dimes if they wanna n wit me
Other then that :pacspit: at these charcoal bytches
Golfwang

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
So we're putting who a man decides to put his dikk inside, have raise his kids and has to come home to everyday for the rest of his life in the same box as the work force where all that should matter is if you can get the job done regardless of your race?

:snoop:

Yes we all have racial biases that influence who we choose to have sex with and/or start a relationship with. Doesn't mean we shouldn't hire people we don't find sexually attractive or wouldn't be friends with outside of the job.

Generalizing the topic of race is unwise.
I wouldn't even have responded to dude. nikka said racism when all parties involved are the same race :mindblown: If he don't know the difference between racism and colorism not even worth typing a response to but props for trying to help the youth.

thoushallhustle

All Star
Daps
True. Hell, they didn't catch flack for preferring light-skinned guys. I remember the BlackPlanet days in the 2000's. Almost every black girl had "I like light-skinned boys with braids/waves and hazel eyes." Saw it all first-hand in high school. There was never a debate then. :leostare:

:laff: i remember that shyt too.

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think this thread would've been executed better if the topic were: "Why do black (people) get a pass for only preferring light-skinned/mixed (partners) but get accused of putting white (people) on a pedestal when dating interracially"

...or something like that. :notsure:

It's odd. There are black guys that only date black women that are light-skinned/mixed or have some sort of suburban influence. This is perfectly fine and there's never any of that "I need a woman that can understand and relate to my experience " talk there. It's just accepted in silence.

...but if you date a white chick (no matter what her background is), you're selling out your race and treating white skin like a trophy. It's assumed that there's NO way the two of you are supposed to relate on any level and it's always assumed that she's racist underneath it all or has some sort of fetish or ulterior motive to piss her parents off.

...or it's because the black guy's a lame that "couldn't get black women." A million conspiracy theories for something as simple as people having preferences. :laugh:

Real talk. When I was in highschool, the girls all like lightskinned guys, and to keep it 100 its still like that. Put the average darker skinned guy and lightskin guy in a room of black woman and im sure the lighter dude will get chose more. It is what it is. That's why I don't understand the sympathy these bytches what from us, unfortunately black people ALL got the same programming.

I think black woman then grow up and realize that its fukked up to ostracize one color of men so they create this smokescreen of loving darker skinned men. Now a days every black girl is on some "I love chocolate" and "I want my men dark" shyt which is just pandering. Like I said above you put that to REAL LIFE test with a average darker guy and a lightskin guy you see that shyt crumble to the floor. They are smarter though, with that smokescreen they can point the finger at black guys being "colorstruck" while theyre the same shyt.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
:troll: thread. Cmon zay, u can do better bruh. U know gotdamn well nyggaz get roasted by brown & dark skined women for only dayin yella bone bytches. :comeon: At least be a bit more tactful nxt time my nygga :beli: