How Come Asians Make It Out The Hood??

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
This popped into my head earlier and I figured I'd ask y'all for your opinions...

Asians flock to America with little to no money to their name and obviously start out living in low income housing... but eventually, it seems like they all make it out of the damn hood and sometimes even end up owning stores and stuff in the hood later on

you'll rarely see an adult Asian who's a 2nd generation American living in the hood; matter of fact, I can honestly say that I've never heard that to be the case, but obviously I'm just speaking from personal knowledge

so my question is, why do you think this is the case?

is it because the sample size is skewed; do an equal number of blacks and latinos make it out of the hood, but there's obviously way more of them there to begin with, so it doesn't seem like a big deal?

is it that the Asians came all the way over here from their home countries and made sacrifices to pursue the "American Dream", so their drive to succeed is just superior? meanwhile, maybe the people who were born there, predominantly blacks and latinos, are more content with living there and don't really have the same drive to be successful and leave the hood?

is it their emphasis on education? Chinese, Koreans, Indians, etc. parents' stress education to the fullest, leading to their kids becoming doctors and engineers, and sometimes that's how they end up getting out the hood

I really don't have an answer myself, just wondering what y'all thought

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Asians live in the hood? :ohhh:

I mean, where else do they live? They come here with no money to their name, low income housing is usually all they can afford; it's not like they move here and buy a crib in the suburbs... but they always seem to find a way to make it out eventually :mindblown:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Because Asians, have an established network here. Especially on the east and west coasts. They rarely come to the country without knowing someone else who is in a higher social circle from the same country. They also stress the importance of self sufficiency and education from when they are born until they are in their 30's. Actually if you tally up their income increase over generations, they make out as well, if not better than most whites.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
They usually dont come to the country poor. It actually costs a good deal of money to get to the states. They have a support system back in their home country aso well as in the states so when they touch down they are already employed or starting a business with money they came with or they borrow from a church organization/rich family member. It isnt unheard of for a wealthy Chinese individual to buy an entire shopping center and employ his people as they immigrate to America.

Secondly asians are very family oriented so the likeliehood of single mothers creating little hellions is not as prevelant because the father is in the home to steer the children in the right direction not to mention a large group of extended family members to enforce the laws of the parents.

But dont be confused, many still live in poverty. Many are enslaved by their own people and many live demonic lifestyles. I think its just that their crimes are rarely reported by their community and not seen as a threat to anyone who is caucasian. Not to mention with backing from their foreign nation it would be a public relations nightmare to treat them the way they can get away with treating african americans, who have little to no connection with their homeland.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
How can blacks come up when the place everyone comes to come up is the same place that holds you back.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
government money when they touch down,
pool their money and live like mexicans until
they can open a business in the black community,
sale over priced knock off bullshyt from back home
at a 1000% mark up.....waaah lahhhh.

a0yqua.jpg

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
They're very supportive of each other. Place heavy emphasis on education. Let the children live at home until they're well-established.

This is what I gathered from dating an Asian.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
my next question is, whatever reasoning you have for this being the case... is it something that blacks and latinos could emulate successfully, or is it more so a unique circumstance that only applies to immigrants of these places?

Classy X

Krispy Kreme Head
Daps
I think it's because their various cultures are really strict on culture, family, and education.

With that being said, not all of them are the model minority and a lot of Chinatowns/Koreatowns/Little Tokyo's/Any other Asian enclave have very seedy underbellies.

They just don't want you to know about. They big on saving face. :birdman:

We Black folks, we gotta let the whole damn world know we acting a fool. Starting with World Star Hip-Hop.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Maybe because their culture is smart enough to value education and they don't embrace being at the bottom and accuse Asians that are smart of "talking/acting like dey white." I don't see Asians talkin about "nah mane we only speakin Mandarin. We keepin it REAL. We keepin it Asian and anyone who tries to better themselves is a sellout."

Black people love embracing the hood culture and then complain about the hood when it kills one of their friends or family members. then the next day it's back to being lazy and telling other blacks who do well for themselves that they are sellouts.

The culture is different. They value education a thousand times more.

The longer a family line stays in America the worst they do, because they get complacent and feel entitled to everything simply because they are American. The Africans who also come here with nothing bust their asses in school and become doctors in a few years too. It's a cultural difference.

As long as being a "real nikka" is in style blacks in America won't ever catch up to whites.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't mean just Chinese people by the way, I see this frequently with Indians as well

Family. Family. Family. This isnt like the 1920s where people are hopping off boats with a bandanna tied around a stick that carries their belongings friend. They have a strong network and backing in their homeland. Its not just asians, Africans do the same thing.