How can you justify saying Messi is better than Ronaldo?

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
If ronaldo wins the champions league with juventus and plays an important role and main role he is better.He would have proven himself in england, spain and italy the toughest leagues and he has proven himself for portugal by winning the euros. Messi has yet to perform for argentina and win.

look I know they won but they were a third place team in group ..greece also won a euro cup and Ronaldo didn't play in the final:yeshrug:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Messi now stands alone in both categories in Europe’s top five leagues. Top Scorer and Assist, did Cristiano ever have this ridiculous stats ? Now people base their greatness in trophies ? :russ: casuals, Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic etc stayed in one team do they need to prove it?

Europe's top five leagues in 2018-19:

Most goals - Messi
Most assists - Messi
Most dribbles - Messi
Most chances created - Messi
Most key passes per 90 mins - Messi
Put the Champions League records here though :sas1:

I bet you won't. :sas2:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
It’s interesting as this debate is something that’s really ever on the Internet, but they of course now is wide reaching

I’ve been watching Messi since he was in the B team, during the times when Iniesta had just broken into the A team so it’s been a while now.
I’m a United fan so I’ve obviously watched a lot of Ronald too

Whilst I’ll keep this short, I will put Messi over Ronaldo every day of the week. But it’s not a comparison to really have. Both of them are generational talents, and are amazing players and comparison of them both is never fair and is too lobsided

To me Messi is the only player who makes me tingle watching him and the last player who did that was the OG Ronaldo.

bis0n

(Requires Trapping)
Daps
Messi is a better football player, but Ronaldo is a better footballer. I think that's difference you could only see if you started watching them before their primes.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Cmon according to english media Rooney was better than Ronaldo when they where 18 but now we are supposed to believe CR7 is better than Messi now:mjlol:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Chain smokers approve

image1429.jpg

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Paolo Maldini didn't play outside of Italy but we didn't need him to play away from AC Milan to know he's the best defender of our generation.

Juventus win the league EVERY YEAR for the past 7 years. They don't need him to do that so the premise that CR7 carried Juventus to a Scudetto and that's something to support he's better than Messi is hilarious.

You place Messi in that 03-09 Manchester United side or the current Juventus side, he's matching that level of performance. And I'm of the opinion anyone who GENUINELY believes that is being incredibly disingenuous.

Players like Hazard, Aguero, David Silva have dominated the EPL for the past 6-7 years. There's not been one dominant player in Serie A ever since they returned in Serie B in 2011, but do not try to tell me, that Lionel Messi would struggle in either leagues.

Now, are there things that CR7 is on the same level of Messi or even superior too? Yes, for sure. However, Messi does what CR7 can do at his best (score goals) and MORE. That is ultimately the crux of the argument. When Messi was strictly an inside forward, he was the best. When Messi moved to the false 9 role/central forward role, he was the best. When he moved back out wide as an inside forward x playmaker in 2014/2015, he was the best. As a RW, as a CAM and as a CF, he's been the best.

Whilst I do believe CR7 has as good if not more of a clutch gene, OVERALL, that doesn't make him a better player. What we're not going to do, is pretend Messi isn't clutch.

Celebrate CR7 and Portugal 2016 victory, but FFS, he didn't even win best player of the tournament. Let's stop conflating team success with individual performance. As if Messi couldn't score goals against fukking Hungary, loooool.

Who the fukk even said this? :mjlol:

Sounding like them youtube messi fans :heh:

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
Who the fukk even said this? :mjlol:

Sounding like them youtube messi fans :heh:

This whole thread has several examples of people using CR7 'doing it in three leagues' as if Juventus have not won the Scudetto routinely suggest otherwise.

"Do you fools listen to music or just skim through it..."

*sighs*

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
This whole thread has several examples of people using CR7 'doing it in three leagues' as if Juventus have not won the Scudetto routinely suggest otherwise.

"Do you fools listen to music or just skim through it..."

*sighs*

Hes performing at a high level on 3 different teams in 3 different leagues. shyt has nothing to do with winning serie A. He litterally carried juventus vs. Athletico :comeon:

Thats what folks mean. We all know serie A aint shyt :heh: