How can you ever really own Property.....

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
He is right though, its common knowledge. You ever notice how in white folks areas whenever they want more funding for the schools they vote on property tax increases. Its also what they cry about whenever voucher or busing programs pop up. They get pissed because their higher property taxes pay for a lot of the better facilities at that school yet kids whose parents dont pay those taxes are getting in as well.

But anyway onto the topic at hand. Most people dont even own the mineral rights to their property. Meaning if you found gold, oil, or whatever the hell is worth money on that land, it doesnt belong to you.

my point is.........if you cant show me exact numbers on what has been generated from personal property tax and what its being used for it isnt common knowledge.......

But anyway onto the topic at hand. Most people dont even own the mineral rights to their property. Meaning if you found gold, oil, or whatever the hell is worth money on that land, it doesnt belong to you

thats crazy man........

this system is just a big ruse

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
my point is.........if you cant show me exact numbers on what has been generated from personal property tax and what its being used for it isnt common knowledge.......

thats crazy man........

this system is just a big ruse

If everyone knows something then its common knowledge. Common knowledge isnt based on internet links.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
If everyone knows something then its common knowledge. Common knowledge isnt based on internet links.

so you if you know it share it with me.

How much did your city generate from personal property tax last year? and what exactly where those funds used for?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
so you if you know it share it with me.

How much did your city generate from personal property tax last year? and what exactly where those funds used for?

Knowing the exact financial numbers generated from taxes, and what they were allocated to is not common knowledge. Knowing what certain taxes pay for in general is. I can tell you that the gas tax is primarily used for road construction and repairs but i cant tell you how much the US generated in gas tax and exactly how much was spent on filling pot holes.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Knowing the exact financial numbers generated from taxes, and what they were allocated to is not common knowledge......

and this is my point.

if the figures arent common knowledge then how can u make any claims to know where these funds were spent?

You can say you believe the funds were used for this and that.........but you cant say factually that what the funds were used for............because you dont know.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
and this is my point.

if the figures arent common knowledge then how can u make any claims to know where these funds were spent?

You can say you believe the funds were used for this and that.........but you cant say factually that what the funds were used for............because you dont know.

Because nobody gives a sh*t to go pull the financial records of their city to give some random person on the net their numbers.

If i wanted to know the specifics i would sit in on some city council meetings and ask questions. I dont want to the know the specifics so i dont. I dont own a home so i dont give a fukk about property taxes increasing but if i did i would like to see those numbers then.

You are the one questioning the system so go talk to your councilman and demand the numbers. Im cool just knowing the general shyt right now.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Because nobody gives a sh*t to go pull the financial records of their city to give some random person on the net their numbers.

If i wanted to know the specifics i would sit in on some city council meetings and ask questions. I dont want to the know the specifics so i dont. I dont own a home so i dont give a fukk about property taxes increasing but if i did i would like to see those numbers then.

You are the one questioning the system so go talk to your councilman and demand the numbers. Im cool just knowing the general shyt right now.

:shaq:

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
you're supposed to be able to find the general revenue fund (what's received from property taxes, sales, personal income, etc) from the city govt website in w.e. city you live in on their city budget for the fiscal year. Same could be true for the state you live in if the property tax is shared between municipalities and the state like a 4.5 point breakdown if you pay 9 points a year. That'll depend on the state though.

One of the major reasons cities and states are going belly up is because of the housing bust and the general receipts declined greatly since that is their main source of funding in a lot of place by property taxes. There are better funding schemes (but have issues themselves on proper assessment) like a Land Value Tax - could be useful in run down urban areas that can replace the property tax.

To replace the property tax wholly would require even more in user fees, parking tickets, higher city/state (depending on where you live), and sales tax. That would be more preferable though since the citizens would see even more clearly how much the public sector costs in what they are paying for instead of it being split in different ways and would help in other ways to regulate politicians behavior.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
you're supposed to be able to find the general revenue fund (what's received from property taxes, sales, personal income, etc) from the city govt website in w.e. city you live in on their city budget for the fiscal year. Same could be true for the state you live in if the property tax is shared between municipalities and the state like a 4.5 point breakdown if you pay 9 points a year. That'll depend on the state though.

found it, good lookin