How can you ever really own Property.....

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
just general city or community maintenance, a good portion of those funds to provide those services are collected from property tax...

and how do you know this?

Show me actual figures on how much was generated from property tax and where those generated funds were used.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
OWNERSHIP IS JUST A CLAIM ANYWAY, BROTHER! YOU TRULY OWN ONLY THAT WHICH YOU CAN HOLD IN YOUR HAND WITHOUT IT BEING PRIED AWAY FROM YOU, DUUUUDE!

EVEN WITHOUT TAXES, YOU COULD SIT ON A HOUSE AND SAY "THIS IS MINE" BUT THAT WOULDN'T AFFECT THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION, BROTHER! I COULD KICK YOUR ASS AND TAKE YOUR HOUSE, MAN! NOW IT'S MINE! UNTIL SOMEBODY ELSE DOES THE SAME TO ME, BROTHER!

SO TO AVOID THAT ANARCHY, BROTHER, WE FUND A GOVERNMENT THAT PROTECTS CLAIMS TO PROPERTY OWNERSHIP, BROTHER! AND TO DO THAT, IT NEEDS TO COLLECT RESOURCES SOMEHOW, DUUUUDE!

WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM WOULD YOU PREFER, BROTHER? ONE WHERE NOBODY TAKES THEIR VITAMINS AND SAYS THEIR PRAYERS?

:dead:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Technically you don't really own it, say a freeway was going up right where your house is they can buy you out and voila

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
post a link to them

The Property Tax-School Funding Dilemma

Your property taxes pay for public school employees, retirement, construction to the school etc.

States like NY and NJ have high property taxes but are said to have better public schools. Notice a lot of old folks leave those states when they retire/kids graduate to places like Florida which have much lower tax rates.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I don't have a link, but this is common knowledge breh. Schools dont hide behind how they're funded.

miss me with that common knowledge........

u dont know how much is being generated from property taxes and you dont know how much is being used for the schools........so iif its common knowledge then it should be easy for you to provide those figures.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

u dont know how much is being generated from property taxes and you dont know how much is being used for the schools........so iif its common knowledge then it should be easy for you to provide those figures.

new york..

Property taxes

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

He is right though, its common knowledge. You ever notice how in white folks areas whenever they want more funding for the schools they vote on property tax increases. Its also what they cry about whenever voucher or busing programs pop up. They get pissed because their higher property taxes pay for a lot of the better facilities at that school yet kids whose parents dont pay those taxes are getting in as well.

But anyway onto the topic at hand. Most people dont even own the mineral rights to their property. Meaning if you found gold, oil, or whatever the hell is worth money on that land, it doesnt belong to you.