How can you ever really own Property.....

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
yeah, you don't ever "truly" own it in the sense that you don't have to pay anything on it ever again. but there are benefits to paying property taxes that you wouldn't get if the system was set up in a way where you didn't have to pay ever again after the original payments.

so yeah, in a sense you don't ever own property completely and the government has a right to your stuff if you don't abide by their rules. which wouldn't sound so bad if the government was really designed to help the people. that's not to say there aren't any elements of the governmental process that help it's citizens. but in terms of property and ownership, a city can decide they want to build a highway or loop right over your property and they'll, in essence, "force" you to take an offer lower than the real value of your property. i'm using this as an example because it once happened to one of my mother's friends in north carolina.

Eminent domain has been practiced for hundreds of years... and it's practice is rooted in the belief that the benefit of many>> the individual.

Taking one persons land and giving them fair market value for it, so the gov't can build a new highway to ease traffic for millons of commuters isn't helping the people?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Eminent domain has been practiced for hundreds of years... and it's practice is rooted in the belief that the benefit of many>> the individual.

Taking one persons land and giving them fair market value for it, so the gov't can build a new highway to ease traffic for millons of commuters isn't helping the people?

not if you displace a whole community in the process. it wasn't just her house that was taken, it was a whole community. and considering the fact they built that loop off of the expectation that the city would get more traffic in 10-20 years yet it still hasn't almost negates their decision to do it. it's a case of bad urban planning and the community that had their homes taken away lost as a result...

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
not if you displace a whole community in the process. it wasn't just her house that was taken, it was a whole community. and considering the fact they built that loop off of the expectation that the city would get more traffic in 10-20 years yet it still hasn't almost negates their decision to do it. it's a case of bad urban planning and the community that had their homes taken away lost as a result...

There are people who move into communities, because they know the land it going to be taken, and that they will get paid money for it.

Eminent Domain doesn't always go right....there is always a sob story of people losing their home they've live in for X amount of years.

The fact that our highway system can exist is because of Eminent Domain, nobody ever seems to remember things like that..if it wasn't for that, we'd have a grid full of matlock expressways

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat

says who?

since when did taxing people who own homes= not owning a home?

besides, most people dont own their homes, they're still paying a mortgage.

says my brain muthafuka

your comprehension skills arent the greatest i see, my point is that you dont ever truly own your property in a system where the penalty for not paying your taxes is the loss of that property.

Phourtay you state "......but there are benefits to paying property taxes that you wouldn't get if the system was set up in a way where you didn't have to pay ever again after the original payments."

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
If you own something you don't have a risk of losing it and having to do payments yearly for it. When you pay in total for other goods, its yours and cannot be taken, but its different for property since they link property to public financing locally (which means a better financing scheme would be needed to eliminate this issue of ownership).

Eminent domain is flawed and central planning doesn't always work as well as they intend it to. When they use ED a lot of times its politically connected instead of aligned correctly with what an private entity would do. The highway system in the 50s and additions after that when the gov used ED messed up a lot of railroad track back then and eliminated viable communities (taxbases). They did something to a poor extent like that in Detroit with Poltown for a GM plant (got rid of a viable community). ED was used to assist that highway system and the suburbs back then to the detriment of the cities that aided the white flight and helped hallow out a lot of urban areas to this very day.

It be could be also argued you don't own your own body like you think you do since you cannot sell a kidney on the open market or organs in general after you pass (which the money then could be passed to your next of kin). Everyone profits (insurance, hospital, labor-doctors, nurses, etc even the recipient with a new organ except the donor its all charity for them) how is that ownership? Same can be said about property if it can just be taken, even if you are compensated from a "taken" as they call it.

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
says my brain muthafuka

your comprehension skills arent the greatest i see, my point is that you dont ever truly own your property in a system where the penalty for not paying your taxes is the loss of that property.

Phourtay you state "......but there are benefits to paying property taxes that you wouldn't get if the system was set up in a way where you didn't have to pay ever again after the original payments."

:usure:

this isn't the 1800's were you can just set up shop somewhere out west, build your own shyt..and that's that.

you own that property on the condition that you will abide by all terms of ownership of said property in that area....that includes property tax.

what type of smart dumb nikka are you where you're making this argument?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Pretty much you are buying to rent when it comes down to it. The fact that you have to send the government a check or they can confiscate your property attests to the fact that this really isn't an ownership society. Honestly. I've been highly considering just moving out of the states and thinking about buying a house in another country where I actually OWN it and don't have to constantly write a check to the government in order to keep it.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat

:usure:

this isn't the 1800's were you can just set up shop somewhere out west, build your own shyt..and that's that.

you own that property on the condition that you will abide by all terms of ownership of said property in that area....that includes property tax.

what type of smart dumb nikka are you where you're making this argument?

see, this is the problem..............people like you who just go with the flow with that "thats the way it is" mentatlity. People who arent able to question the way things are and take a stand when things dont make sense.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Pretty much you are buying to rent when it comes down to it. The fact that you have to send the government a check or they can confiscate your property attests to the fact that this really isn't an ownership society. Honestly. I've been highly considering just moving out of the states and thinking about buying a house in another country where I actually OWN it and don't have to constantly write a check to the government in order to keep it.

i feel u

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Native Americans have been way ahead of you. No one owned property. They shared it. Moved along when they had to. No taxation. Lived in teepees and long houses.
White people came along where property ownership in Europe is a regular thing. They map out property lines and created government. Blah blah blah, fast forward to now. Rich people know real estate is just a commodity so they go to Monaco to hide their wealth from taxes.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
says my brain muthafuka

wait, why did you quote me?

NegRep

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OWNERSHIP IS JUST A CLAIM ANYWAY, BROTHER! YOU TRULY OWN ONLY THAT WHICH YOU CAN HOLD IN YOUR HAND WITHOUT IT BEING PRIED AWAY FROM YOU, DUUUUDE!

EVEN WITHOUT TAXES, YOU COULD SIT ON A HOUSE AND SAY "THIS IS MINE" BUT THAT WOULDN'T AFFECT THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION, BROTHER! I COULD KICK YOUR ASS AND TAKE YOUR HOUSE, MAN! NOW IT'S MINE! UNTIL SOMEBODY ELSE DOES THE SAME TO ME, BROTHER!

SO TO AVOID THAT ANARCHY, BROTHER, WE FUND A GOVERNMENT THAT PROTECTS CLAIMS TO PROPERTY OWNERSHIP, BROTHER! AND TO DO THAT, IT NEEDS TO COLLECT RESOURCES SOMEHOW, DUUUUDE!

WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM WOULD YOU PREFER, BROTHER? ONE WHERE NOBODY TAKES THEIR VITAMINS AND SAYS THEIR PRAYERS?

:lolbron: