How can you ever really own Property.....

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
when property tax exists?

A slumlord homeboy of mine was telling me about an auction later this month where the city is basically auctioning off everyone in the cities home who didnt pay their property tax last year.

a person can never really own their property like this. Whats the logic behind property tax anyway? That's like having to pay a tax on the clothes you "own" every year.

It's crazy to me...

what yall think about it?

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
that's what you agree to you when you buy property in a certain jurisdiction

you own the property but it's in an area governed by someone else

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
since your "property" is within a city, you have to abide by those city laws...and the
law gets to tax that ass :takedat:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
You have to make yearly payments indirectly for anything. You don't own your citizenship, it is merely a contractual obligation which you can at any time choose to opt out of, and part of this obligation is you must abide by the laws, and these laws include taxation.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
You have to make yearly payments indirectly for anything.....

is that right?

so how do i make yearly payments indirectly for my clothes, laptop, shoes, etc?

You don't own your citizenship, it is merely a contractual obligation which you can at any time choose to opt out of, and part of this obligation is you must abide by the laws, and these laws include taxation

lets not blur the topic at hand with other issues. I did not ask what the law was......

what i did was state the fact that you never own your property in this system and then i asked how you felt about that.

So, how do you feel about that?

Hulk Hogan

THE HULKSTER BROTHER
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, Brother
OWNERSHIP IS JUST A CLAIM ANYWAY, BROTHER! YOU TRULY OWN ONLY THAT WHICH YOU CAN HOLD IN YOUR HAND WITHOUT IT BEING PRIED AWAY FROM YOU, DUUUUDE!

EVEN WITHOUT TAXES, YOU COULD SIT ON A HOUSE AND SAY "THIS IS MINE" BUT THAT WOULDN'T AFFECT THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION, BROTHER! I COULD KICK YOUR ASS AND TAKE YOUR HOUSE, MAN! NOW IT'S MINE! UNTIL SOMEBODY ELSE DOES THE SAME TO ME, BROTHER!

SO TO AVOID THAT ANARCHY, BROTHER, WE FUND A GOVERNMENT THAT PROTECTS CLAIMS TO PROPERTY OWNERSHIP, BROTHER! AND TO DO THAT, IT NEEDS TO COLLECT RESOURCES SOMEHOW, DUUUUDE!

WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM WOULD YOU PREFER, BROTHER? ONE WHERE NOBODY TAKES THEIR VITAMINS AND SAYS THEIR PRAYERS?

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
OWNERSHIP IS JUST A CLAIM ANYWAY, BROTHER! YOU TRULY OWN ONLY THAT WHICH YOU CAN HOLD IN YOUR HAND WITHOUT IT BEING PRIED AWAY FROM YOU, DUUUUDE!

EVEN WITHOUT TAXES, YOU COULD SIT ON A HOUSE AND SAY "THIS IS MINE" BUT THAT WOULDN'T AFFECT THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION, BROTHER! I COULD KICK YOUR ASS AND TAKE YOUR HOUSE, MAN! NOW IT'S MINE! UNTIL SOMEBODY ELSE DOES THE SAME TO ME, BROTHER!

SO TO AVOID THAT ANARCHY, BROTHER, WE FUND A GOVERNMENT THAT PROTECTS CLAIMS TO PROPERTY OWNERSHIP, BROTHER! AND TO DO THAT, IT NEEDS TO COLLECT RESOURCES SOMEHOW, DUUUUDE!

WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM WOULD YOU PREFER, BROTHER? ONE WHERE NOBODY TAKES THEIR VITAMINS AND SAYS THEIR PRAYERS?

you need to add more wrestling/carny slang

Hulk Hogan

THE HULKSTER BROTHER
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, Brother
you need to add more wrestling/carny slang

IS THIS A SHOOT, BROTHER? I JUST LEG DROPPED 300 POUNDS OF LOGIC ON THAT JO JO, MY MAN! DON'T BE MY OPPONENT IN THIS DEBATE, BROTHER! BE MY TAG TEAM PARTNER, NO HOMO DUUUUDE!

LEMME TELL YA SUMTHIN MEAN GENE! VINCE MCMAHON OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T PHYSICALLY POSSESS THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION, BROTHER! HE HAS A LEGAL AGREEMENT THAT DEMARCATES THE VIRTUAL BORDERS OF HIS PROPERTY, CHAMP! THAT AGREEMENT IS DEFENDED BY A TAX-FUNDED GOVERNMENT, BROTHER!

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
yeah, you don't ever "truly" own it in the sense that you don't have to pay anything on it ever again. but there are benefits to paying property taxes that you wouldn't get if the system was set up in a way where you didn't have to pay ever again after the original payments.

so yeah, in a sense you don't ever own property completely and the government has a right to your stuff if you don't abide by their rules. which wouldn't sound so bad if the government was really designed to help the people. that's not to say there aren't any elements of the governmental process that help it's citizens. but in terms of property and ownership, a city can decide they want to build a highway or loop right over your property and they'll, in essence, "force" you to take an offer lower than the real value of your property. i'm using this as an example because it once happened to one of my mother's friends in north carolina.