How can Cyborg reach the modern prominence of BP?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I just want him to be interesting thats all. His runs so far have been straight :trash:and I need him to be more than the token black. He needs some worldbuilding like the other members of JL.
He needs to be with the Teen Titans where he belongs, him and Changeling/Beast Boy are actually a group that need to be together and it works. It worked in the comics, worked in the OG TT cartoon, and works in TTG.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TSC brehs will get the reference, but Cyborg is the Apollo Crews of superheroes.

The only time I've seen Cyborg have a personality is when he's portrayed by Khary Payton or Bumper Robinson in the cartoons and games. In the comics, he's just lame as shyt.

In Justice League, his character is "I'm Batman's supercomputer. "

In Teen Titans, his character was "I'm team dad. Must. Eat. Protein. Paste."

His solo runs are all about his daddy issues and "finding his humanity." :yawn:

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Not to get into this petty shyt but your first point minus all the rage lol is true. There aren’t many marvel or dc black characters who can do what black panther is going to do. Maybe luke Cage? But that’s a maybe for me.
There aren't many Marvel or DC characters period who could do what Black Panther is about to do. Matter of fact, there's only one character that can do it and she already has. This isn't just a highly anticipated comic book movie. There are three or four of those a year. This is a culturally, socially, timely important comic book movie. Wonder Woman was the same (shyt might have even been slightly ahead of its time considering the current #MeToo movement) just last year. That's it. The rest of the cbm are just things to go and see in the theatre. They're events in a purely fandom/nerdy way. Superman, Batman, JL, Avengers, Ironman, etc don't represent anything more than just cinematic experiences. Wonder Woman and Black Panther are a lot more. Those two are the most iconic characters appealing to people who aren't white males. They literally have what they represent in their names.

Luke Cage's Netflix show had more impact than all the others because it had cultural appeal, but that modest impact is nothing compared to BP. Just like women weren't tripping over themselves to praise Jessica Jones and Captain Marvel, even if it came out first, wouldn't have connected like WW.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There aren't many Marvel or DC characters period who could do what Black Panther is about to do. Matter of fact, there's only one character that can do it and she already has. This isn't just a highly anticipated comic book movie. There are three or four of those a year. This is a culturally, socially, timely important comic book movie. Wonder Woman was the same (shyt might have even been slightly ahead of its time considering the current #MeToo movement) just last year. That's it. The rest of the cbm are just things to go and see in the theatre. They're events in a purely fandom/nerdy way. Superman, Batman, JL, Avengers, Ironman, etc don't represent anything more than just cinematic experiences. Wonder Woman and Black Panther are a lot more. Those two are the most iconic characters appealing to people who aren't white males. They literally have what they represent in their names.

Luke Cage's Netflix show had more impact than all the others because it had cultural appeal, but that modest impact is nothing compared to BP. Just like women weren't tripping over themselves to praise Jessica Jones and Captain Marvel, even if it came out first, wouldn't have connected like WW.

Yeah word. Everyone after those two will just be comic book flicks. Not full blown events. Infinity war and avengers 4 may be the exceptions to that

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
Static is the closest thing DC could do and he's not really a DC character

DC black heroes generally suck :yeshrug:
:usure:
dc-comics-batman-arkham-knight-azrael-statue-prime1-feature-902845-04.jpg

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'd rather see Blade back in the spotlight or at least make a surprise appearance in the Marvel universe flicks

Cyborg is not that dude.

edit

my bad didn't see this wad DC RELATED

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Static is the closest thing DC could do and he's not really a DC character

DC black heroes generally suck :yeshrug:

The thing I hate about Static is I like him a lot but he doesn’t do anything Black Lightning hasn’t done already except fly