How bad was the mgs v ending (and overall story)? (spoilers)

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It was trying way too hard to be bizarre and that's what Hideo likes doing, but not everything a genius spills out on the page is gold....great gameplay, just a trash story and fun boss fights. But flaming fukking whales and demon horns coming out of your skull were just too cringe.
It just wasn't finished

I think Peace Walker is a more contained version of what he was trying to achieve

I also see remnants of what he was trying to do in Death Stranding with traversal and the open world mission structure.

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
It just wasn't finished

I think Peace Walker is a more contained version of what he was trying to achieve

I also see remnants of what he was trying to do in Death Stranding with traversal and the open world mission structure.

An unfinished game has nothing to do with what was actually implemented and finished. Skull Face and several other cringe moments of the game were very much completed. The story was lackluster as a whole, unfinished or not, it's bad.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
stopped right at the first half of the game and I was satisfied to be honest

I didn't feel like repeating any missions. still think this game is underrated.

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I didn't even know there were going to be 2 more chapters to this. It's a possibility that maybe the story would have tied up all the loose ends officially, but I think it would have just been more fukkery :francis:

The gameplay is still solid though.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Metal Gear Solid V is pretty much the Star War Rogue one of video games. An entire game created to fill in a plot hole of the first game