Hov copping pleas for Tidal on Twitter.

Cin

Rookie
Daps
How many of those are PAID subscribers?

How many of those subscribers are gonna still be there after that free month trial is up?

only time will tell, lets wait and see and not prematurely call it a failure

Cin

Rookie
Daps
Remember when Jay boycotted Cristal? and why he did?

cause I do, and plenty of people did...and that's why he was under fire for it.

Like i said, this Jay/Barneys situation is no different than Sterling and the NAACP

Yes i remember the cristal situation that was different cristal owner was making racist statements and hip hop was giving promotions to them

barneys made the mistake of letting the NYPD control there security which resulted in the nypd profiling, jay had a meeting with them they stopped the program and apologized the clothing was sold the money went to charity kids were given scholarships

nobody called on ralph lauren to stop selling there clothing for profits until barneys changed only jay z, i see it as hypocritical and an attempt to tarnish the good jay z does for the community and flat out ignore the others doing nothing

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
tweets were clearly from his pr team, not him...but, it speaks to the point that they say theyre in it for the long haul. nothing was gonna be perfect. the interesting thing now will be to see if they learn from their mistake or double down.

spotify and pandora have greater market share, larger catalogs and apple/beats is creepin on a june come up. they need to figure out some way to add a free feature because the longer they pretend like folks are gonna shell over $10-$20 for something they can get elsewhere w/ other options, theyre shooting themselves in the foot.

theyre tryna sell this as premium-couture music. not the right model/platform for that, holmes
They do not have the pocket for a free tier. Spotify got a 400 million dollar funding bost from Goldman Sachs two weeks ago. It literally cannot exist unless it charges.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
They do not have the pocket for a free tier. Spotify got a 400 million dollar funding bost from Goldman Sachs two weeks ago. It literally cannot exist unless it charges.
spotify didnt start that way, though. you cant sit at the big boy's table then cry about the big boy having a larger place setting. shoulda put more money into the company, scaled back the boasts of the rollout, or took more time to plan out that rollout. you only get one chance to make a first impression and now you see the results w/ this damage control campaign.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

7297_3688.gif

PERFECT....

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
spotify didnt start that way, though. you cant sit at the big boy's table then cry about the big boy having a larger place setting. shoulda put more money into the company, scaled back the boasts of the rollout, or took more time to plan out that rollout. you only get one chance to make a first impression and now you see the results w/ this damage control campaign.
Right, but also their entire idea is to eliminate the freemium model. So if you start out using one, you're necessarily undercutting your own message.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Right, but also their entire idea is to eliminate the freemium model. So if you start out using one, you're necessarily undercutting your own message.

but if that shyt continues to tank, do you go down w/ the sinking ship or do you adjust? netflix separated physical from streaming and got killed, so they stopped in their tracks and reneged on their "next gen" model, took off and havent looked back. sometimes you gotta acknowledge the L and call an audible. no one will care in the long run if it works.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
It's only been one month and they've nearly doubled the subscribers

nah, that ain't gonna cut it

like i said, 100 million+ twitter followers and facebook likes, billions of youtube views on that stage

and they can't even get a few million people to subscribe? the music business is fukked.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Right, but also their entire idea is to eliminate the freemium model.
Interesting...

I thought they wanted to co exist with the competition and not eliminate them and create a monopoly..

Isn't their goal to be an alternative for audiophiles and super fans?

Jay's water analogy doesn't work if his goal is to get rid of an established free service the entire world is already enjoying..

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Interesting...

I thought they wanted to co exist with the competition and not eliminate them and create a monopoly..

Isn't their goal to be an alternative for audiophiles and super fans?

Jay's water analogy doesn't work if his goal is to get rid of an established free service the entire world is already enjoying..
He does not need to eliminate the competition. They all have paid models too.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
He does not need to eliminate the competition. They all have paid models too.
I understand..

But how does Tidal go about eliminating the free tier mode of music streaming? Atleast without any type of government regulatory intervention..

It seems like an insane endeavour...

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I understand..

But how does Tidal go about eliminating the free tier mode of music streaming? Atleast without any type of government regulatory intervention..

It seems like an insane endeavour...
I do not think they eliminate it as opposed to cultivating a market for paid streams like Hulu/Netflix.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
this may work for him, but this shyt here makes him look desperate :yeshrug:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/8513677/jay-z-tidal-b-sides
jay-z.jpg

Jay Z will play a private concert for Tidal users featuring rare songs
Tidal users can create a playlist featuring the B-Sides they want to hear Jay Z perform

Jay Z is putting his mouth where his money is. The rap legend is playing a private concert for Tidal users, featuring a number of songs that have never been played live, or haven't been played in decades. The B-Sides concert will be the first exclusive show performed by Jay Z for Tidal, and will take place in New York on May 13th in an undisclosed venue. The concert will also be live-streamed through Tidal.

It was only a matter of time before Jay Z put on a concert in support of his newest endeavor. While Tidal hasn't gotten off to the fastest start under its new ownership, Jay Z made it clear earlier this week that Tidal is "here for the long haul." To get a ticket for the concert, Tidal users must create and tweet a playlist using the hashtag #TIDALXJAYZ before the May 8th deadline. Winners will be chosen based on sequencing and the diversity of artists and genres in their playlists. So how much do you want to hear "Friend or Foe" live?