Hov copping pleas for Tidal on Twitter.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall still don't understand, the "Rich getting Richer" issue isn't just about how valuable Tidal is or how much money Jay Z and the founders of Tidal have, its about the message that Tidal has chosen. So far the primary message has been "charge consumers more so we can pay artists more"...why would consumers ever be happy about that lol?
Nobody said rich people shouldn't start companies. People are saying don't front like you're doing me a favor by charging me more for less.

This tweet sums up the problem:
https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/592388602643881984
Nah, that's how YOU interpreted it, many others have taken it the other way.
Jay-Z has since gone out of his way to explain that Tidal is essentially about
giving music more value which of course equates to more money.
The major label system subsists on the value we place on music, if they can't
get spins from that song that brings you back to a certain time then that music
is worthless. Streaming services like Spotify operate on a model that doesn't
make enough money because they rely on ads and a huge user base which
wants the latest and greatest for free. Tidal aims to combat that and personally
I'd like to see them win out.

It's interesting you say no on cares about the "Rich getting Richer" when people in reply to the very tweet
you posted are like "Well, I don't like that rich people are talking about getting more money".
Actual quotes from that tweet :

"Tidal is greed packaged as a service."
"As a consumer I do care about how much artists get paid - just not the millionaires dude had on stage with him..."

It's considered tacky or an undesirable thing to "want more" when you're already
rich but the truth of the matter is when Apple is showing off hi-tech watches or cell phones, they're doing it to make money.
When google is showing off their Youtube service or their Android Platform, it's with the intention to make a ton of money.
When anyone rolls out any service or product, it's with the intention to make money.

The difference here is Jay-Z isn't some nameless/faceless corporation, he's a person.
So it makes it easier for people to attack Tidal, not based on it's merits as a service but
because of it's owner.

The music businessman is at a cultural disadvantage because we associate material
wealth through music with a bunch of negative things while the tech minded businessman
isn't seen in this light. It's the reason Steve Jobs can be revered and considered a
cultural icon/celebrity despite having had personal wealth that eclipses pretty much any
entertainer.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
so every black man w/ money has to wear a dashiki and scream black power? :comeon:

We need more cats like Jay out here…him being great is good enough.
You're a grown ass man…you shouldn't need a handout from someone…use Jay as proof you can boss up if you really wanted to.

This is why we don't see more rich black folks in the limelight…they would get shot down super quick by their own people because according to broke black folks "they aren't doing enough".

You think White folks, Jews, Asians, Arabs, etc… have to go through this nonsense?
Only thing that is expected from them is to get money and look out for their immediate fam and friends…but every black person that gets some change has to turn into super man and heal the world
Man you know damn well you talking to some crab ass nikkas that have "valid" reasons to be haters on somebody black. Dudes hit all kinds of weird shyt ass justification like they want everybody to be hammer broke. He didn't give all his money away so he not for,the cause or some dumb shyt like that. fukk these hating ass worthless nikkas

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
wants the latest and greatest for free. Tidal aims to combat that and personally

It's interesting you say no on cares about the "Rich getting Richer" when people in reply to the very tweet
you posted are like "Well, I don't like that rich people are talking about getting more money".

"As a consumer I do care about how much artists get paid - just not the millionaires dude had on stage with him..."

It's considered tacky or an undesirable thing to "want more" when you're already
rich but the truth of the matter is when Apple is showing off hi-tech watches or cell phones, they're doing it to make money.
When google is showing off their Youtube service or their Android Platform, it's with the intention to make a ton of money.
When anyone rolls out any service or product, it's with the intention to make money.

The difference here is Jay-Z isn't some nameless/faceless corporation, he's a person.
So it makes it easier for people to attack Tidal, not based on it's merits as a service but
because of it's owner.

The music businessman is at a cultural disadvantage because we associate material
wealth through music with a bunch of negative things while the tech minded businessman
isn't seen in this light. It's the reason Steve Jobs can be revered and considered a
cultural icon/celebrity despite having had personal wealth that eclipses pretty much any
entertainer.
If rich musicians got together to push a free ad-supported music app, or a 5 dollar a month app, or a mail-order cupcake business nobody would say "look at this bullshyt, just the rich getting richer", people would be willing to listen if it benefited the consumer at all.

But right now people are only complaining becuz they are attempting to sell a more expensive way to listen to music that ONLY BENEFITS THE LABELS AND SOME OF THE ARTISTS.

It would be like if in 2002, Metallica, U2 etc said "Napster is hurting us. CD sales are down, people don't respect music and artists aren't being fairly compensated...so we have a new way of listening to music called VDs. They are like CD's but they have better audio quality and they cost $24 instead of $12. Now this is more fair to us #VDsForAll :smugdraper: ..."

People would tell them to kick rocks just like they are doing to Tidal. If you are not solving a problem for consumers or serving a need for consumers then you do not have a viable product. Thats a basic principal of business...

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
i don't give a rats ass if camel is black or not...has nothing to do with anything, and it's some crutch his fanboys use to defend him when he's on his vulture shyt.

camel is a heartless capitalist...his whole barney venture, the brooklyn stadium debacle, is some c00n ass shyt. can't believe anyone would defend him using race as the basis. that dude gives two fukks about black empowerment so fukk outta here with that logic.
Defending Jay-Z just because he's Black makes as much sense as defending George W. Bush because he's a Christian...There are far too many moving parts and areas of nuance to just relegate this whole discussion to something so simple..

At the end of the day some n1ggas and their ventures are worthy of your support as a Black man, while others aren't... Its an individual choice you have to make as a Black consumer/voter/fan...

The whole concept of unconditional Black love and group think goes out the window when Herman Cain runs against a Hillary Clinton type..All of a sudden people are able to step back and think about what is in their best interest...

All that Blackity, Black, Blackity Excellence, Blackity Love bullsh1t becomes irrelevant.....AS IT SHOULD....

As a Black men do you root for Creflo Dollar to win? If not than why? He's Black and he's getting legal money, that he flaunts in the face of those that gave it to him..And I'm sure he makes people jealous and some cacs mad..He's trying to OWN something for him and his family to pass down Black generational wealth...

That's all it takes right?

smh

If you just like Jay-Z as a person and want to see him win, then cool..Nothing wrong with that...

If you don't fukk with him, or Herman Cain, Creflo or any Mega Black Capitalist ....Cool with that too..

:manny:

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Defending Jay-Z just because he's Black makes as much sense as defending George W. Bush because he's a Christian...There are far too many moving parts and areas of nuance to just relegate this whole discussion to something so simple..

At the end of the day some n1ggas and their ventures are worthy of your support as a Black man, while others aren't... Its an individual choice you have to make as a Black consumer/voter/fan...

The whole concept of unconditional Black love and group think goes out the window when Herman Cain runs against a Hillary Clinton type..All of a sudden people are able to step back and think about what is in their best interest...

All that Blackity, Black, Blackity Excellence, Blackity Love bullsh1t becomes irrelevant.....AS IT SHOULD....

As a Black men do you root for Creflo Dollar to win? If not than why? He's Black and he's getting legal money, that he flaunts in the face of those that gave it to him..And I'm sure he makes people jealous and some cacs mad..He's trying to OWN something for him and his family to pass down Black generational wealth...

That's all it takes right?

smh

If you just like Jay-Z as a person and want to see him win, then cool..Nothing wrong with that...

If you don't fukk with him, or Herman Cain, Creflo or any Mega Black Capitalist ....Cool with that too..

:manny:

I agree completely, and you summed it up in your last sentence. I find it funny that the camel cumguzzler @blackslash dapped your post, when it's an indictment on camel's lack of character, balls, or fukks to the people who helped him get where he got to. the creflo dollar comparison is fitting...a black man vulture-ing off our dollars, and trying to flaunt it without giving back to the group who got him there.

pac said it best man....fukk JAY-Z

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If rich musicians got together to push a free ad-supported music app, or a 5 dollar a month app, or a mail-order cupcake business nobody would say "look at this bullshyt, just the rich getting richer", people would be willing to listen if it benefited the consumer at all.
We don't know that because Jay-z didn't make a 5 dollar app
nor did he make a cup cake business. He made Tidal and he's being attacked based on his wealth, not his company.
But right now people are only complaining becuz they are attempting to sell a more expensive way to listen to music that ONLY BENEFITS THE LABELS AND SOME OF THE ARTISTS.
If it benefits the labels then it in turn benefits the artists.
It would be like if in 2002, Metallica, U2 etc said "Napster is hurting us. CD sales are down, people don't respect music and artists aren't being fairly compensated...so we have a new way of listening to music called VDs. They are like CD's but they have better audio quality and they cost $24 instead of $12. Now this is more fair to us #VDsForAll :smugdraper: ..."
That's not remotely close to the same, the equivalent would be metallica and u2 starting their own digital music service to combat napster, wrestling musics fate from those with technical know how. And in that instance, I'd support them !

People would tell them to kick rocks just like they are doing to Tidal. If you are not solving a problem for consumers or serving a need for consumers then you do not have a viable product. Thats a basic principal of business...
Most people would tell them to kick rocks in a completely nonsensical situation like that.
I would as well, Tidal however isn't nonsensical.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

because of it's owner.

entertainer.
Steve Jobs didn't show off his wealth and gave it all away, I believe.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree completely, and you summed it up in your last sentence. I find it funny that the camel cumguzzler @blackslash dapped your post, when it's an indictment on camel's lack of character, balls, or fukks to the people who helped him get where he got to. the creflo dollar comparison is fitting...a black man vulture-ing off our dollars, and trying to flaunt it without giving back to the group who got him there.

If you don't think that man has given anything back, you are highly mistaken, or just spitting straight up false statements to justify your weird hate for dude.

Just because he doesn't do things exactly the way YOU think he should, doesn't mean he isn't doing anything.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Cuz gator ain't say wat u said...u got hate for blacks so ur interpreting his very reasonable post as somethung it's not