Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
So excited for this season. And this tough schedule to open up is good for this team so they can see where they are early.

Jalen Green is the future and dare I say the right now! I'm expecting big things from him after seeing how he's played this preseason.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
So excited for this season. And this tough schedule to open up is good for this team so they can see where they are early.

Jalen Green is the future and dare I say the right now! I'm expecting big things from him after seeing how he's played this preseason.
If we had the first pick would you still take JG?

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
If we had the first pick would you still take JG?

Yes when I first saw the highlights of Green the separation on his step backs was insane for a non NBA player. That was before the draft lottery.

I was hoping the Rockets got #1 so we could get him but Detroit passed and I'm so grateful they did :blessed:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
@IIVI you're a honorary rockets fan you been posting nothing but positive takes for us since we got JG :salute:, if rockets miss out on Wembanyama and KPJ looks like the perfect running mate for JG who should the rockets draft? I personally feel starting center is the weak link right now.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@IIVI you're a honorary rockets fan you been posting nothing but positive takes for us since we got JG :salute:, if rockets miss out on Wembanyama and KPJ looks like the perfect running mate for JG who should the rockets draft? I personally feel starting center is the weak link right now.
Appreciate it breh. I'm basically a fan of all teams that have ran through Cali at one point: Lakers (always going to be main), Clips, Rockets, Warriors, Kings.

I see it with Jalen Green: always said dude was a taller Curry/Kyrie/Ja/Trae hybrid. Scary player who can carry and takeover the same way Luka does. Complete monster.

If Rockets miss out on Wemby the absolute best piece is Baba Miller. Played against pros like Luka did, grew up as a point guard but had a crazy growth spurt:

Dude is basically Paolo Banchero: advanced ball-handler with advanced passing skills.

The main thing left is you want to build a crazy ass front court and you already have 2/3 pieces with Sengun and Jabari. That guy Baba Miller or Wemby is the final piece.

I also like Anthony Black: 6'7 Point-forward for Arkansas. I love Tari but this guy would also fit nicely with KPJ/Green as like a third guard but with the defense to stay with small forwards or as a Shaun Livingston guy off the bench:

If you want height and defense at the center position, then in 2024 maybe with Brooklyn's pick because you'll be way out of lottery range you want Aday Mara. Another 7'3 or 7'4 player who defends like Wemby and passes like Jokic. Dude nearly beat Team USA singlehandedly:

Basically in order of preference:
1. Baba Miller: your 6'11 Paolo Banchero clone.
2. Anthony Black: Point forward who can play off your backcourt but defend small forwards.
3. 2024 Aday Mara: I like more than Anthony Black but unless they merge classes, won't be available until the 2024 draft.

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our starting five is great but we have the worst bench in the NBA.
The bench will be aight once we’re healthy. Gordon looked great with the second unit last night. That’s why I said he should come off the bench. Let KJ start and he’ll stop bytching about his role. Plus it brings more balance to the team. The second unit needs somebody who can control it. JC is too unreliable. He’s still trying to find his identity in the league

Gordon Tate Eason and Jaygup is a solid bench. You want Gordon to have the green light and be agressive when he’s out there and he’s not that when he’s playing with the starter