Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Just getting this thread on here cause I didn't see one. Feel like eventually, Eric Gordon will be traded, but til then, he'll get to enjoy some time with his brother Erin since he's currently on the Summer League team :pachaha:I'm happy with the Wood trade because I couldn't take any more of him getting bodied by undersized guys, but we should still be looking for a backup center (a real one) since we know Boban will not be on the court much, and honestly he may not even be on the team within the next couple of months. Expect guys like Chriss to be waived if they haven't already. Burke as well. Curious about Sterling just cause he was solid here as both a reliable defender and 3 point shooter, but there's a chance these younger and younger guys we have here may make him expendable. Happy with Tate's extension. That's a guy you want on the team as they start to get better and better, but I do think he should be coming off the bench, just cause despite his high energy and effort, we can't PJ Tucker him to death against the bigger guys. You need a 6'8"+ guy in that PF spot. Very curious to how the starting lineup shakes out.

@Tha_Mac @Hiphoplives4eva @DonKnock @The D-List Vet @Mike_Pipeson @who_better_than_me
@Mr Bubbles @chkmeout @THASTUNNA @THE K-MAN @tofuspeedstar @Ugo Ogugwa
@Soundwave @Spence @Sulcage @whig @wickedsm @whyanother @3rd Koast Kang
@Antdrewjosh @BlackAlacard @Charlie Broadway

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
Just getting this thread on here cause I didn't see one. Feel like eventually, Eric Gordon will be traded, but til then, he'll get to enjoy some time with his brother Erin since he's currently on the Summer League team :pachaha:I'm happy with the Wood trade because I couldn't take any more of him getting bodied by undersized guys, but we should still be looking for a backup center (a real one) since we know Boban will not be on the court much, and honestly he may not even be on the team within the next couple of months. Expect guys like Chriss to be waived if they haven't already. Burke as well. Curious about Sterling just cause he was solid here as both a reliable defender and 3 point shooter, but there's a chance these younger and younger guys we have here may make him expendable. Happy with Tate's extension. That's a guy you want on the team as they start to get better and better, but I do think he should be coming off the bench, just cause despite his high energy and effort, we can't PJ Tucker him to death against the bigger guys. You need a 6'8"+ guy in that PF spot. Very curious to how the starting lineup shakes out.

@Tha_Mac @Hiphoplives4eva @DonKnock @The D-List Vet @Mike_Pipeson @who_better_than_me
@Mr Bubbles @chkmeout @THASTUNNA @THE K-MAN @tofuspeedstar @Ugo Ogugwa
@Soundwave @Spence @Sulcage @whig @wickedsm @whyanother @3rd Koast Kang
@Antdrewjosh @BlackAlacard @Charlie Broadway

Got damn that's a lot of bricks in that video:mjlol:

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I like this team and agree with @Playaz Eyez that we gotta get a back up center unless Garuba takes a big step. Also haven't heard much about the KJ Martin trade request, it might not be a market out there for him or the Rockets may have worked things out with him.

Can't wait to see Jabari and TyTy play but Eason is intriguing. He seems very mature and he might be a leader on this team sooner than later.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
We are 2 years, 1 vet superstar away from being able to knock off GSW since they should be crusty by then. All our role players and starters line up well once we get chemistry going with the incoming rookies. If everyone actually reaches their ceiling we will look exactly like that OKC team that had Star after star player with Harden as their 6th man. Had OKC not been cheap and brought in vet help they would’ve been able to win that finals they lost (and finish off GSW when they were up 3-1 lol).

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Also to add, TyTy is going to be the steal of that draft, he should hopefully be Bruce Bowen 3 & D guy or at worst a Pat Bev minus the shyt talk :mjlol:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Also to add, TyTy is going to be the steal of that draft, he should hopefully be Bruce Bowen 3 & D guy or at worst a Pat Bev minus the shyt talk :mjlol:
Man I fukk with TyTy he is super confident.

This is an elite coach staff, KPJ and Lionel Hollins are 100% going to get into it and He is going to be hard on the whole team for bad defense.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to see some improvement from
Garuba. And some inrovoemnt from Silas. He says he goin to really put in some real language in offense and run more sets.

As far as backup centers I don’t m kw why’s e didn’t resign Fernando at fleet for a camp contract. I like what I saw when he got minutes.

There’s no room for KJ and Tate on this team. Trade KJ. I like the kid but fukk all these small ball bigs under 6’6

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I fukk with TyTy he is super confident.

This is an elite coach staff, KPJ and Lionel Hollins are 100% going to get into it and He is going to be hard on the whole team for bad defense.
And KPJ has to take it. I think a lot of these moves had his emotional development in mind. Like he can’t jsut run away or quit when we have capable replacements(Tyty, Jaygup, or even Nix) waiting for the minutes. Plus he’s in a contract year. Thai is probably His last chance to show he can handle being in the league and his fine big booty gf ain’t sticking with him without that check

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Here to monitor the progress of JG. He’s the next great one imo

My only wish of Green is to play this entire season the way he finished last season if so we good. I knew he was different from the first highlights I saw of him.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
My only wish of Green is to play this entire season the way he finished last season if so we good. I knew he was different from the first highlights I saw of him.
The lights turned on that last 10 game stretch. He keeps that up we will be a problem after this upcoming season

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Would love to see them go after Mo Bamba. Has he signed yet?
Resign with the magic, we honestly don't need to sign anyone, we already have to many young guys not getting enough playing time to see what we have, it's why kmj wants out

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I need to see some improvement from
Garuba. And some inrovoemnt from Silas. He says he goin to really put in some real language in offense and run more sets.

As far as backup centers I don’t m kw why’s e didn’t resign Fernando at fleet for a camp contract. I like what I saw when he got minutes.

There’s no room for KJ and Tate on this team. Trade KJ. I like the kid but fukk all these small ball bigs under 6’6
Do not agree with moving KJ at all. He was a positive on the court every time he was on there, even when Silas started cutting his minutes for some random reason. He jumps off the screen every time he’s on the court and they need to find a way to consistently have him in the offense. KJ is 6’7”, extremely athletic, plays way above the rim, and improved his 3 point shooting