"House Party" | Jan. 13th 2023 | now streaming on HBO Max

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
hell nah, house party was perfect for the era in which it came out. this should've been call clout party, would've better reflected modern sensibilities.

Try to have a house party in the most famous basketball players house, invite his friends and not expect them to text him or it to end up on social media brehs :heh:
Premise is stupid af for this day and age but Bron had to be all up in the cameras and make sure it centered round him :troll:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks funny

the unnecessary "house party" branding will hinder this movie though. calling it a reboot immediately raises expectations and if it falls short of the original, which it likely will, people are gonna trash it. Most people are gonna go into it ready to nitpick and trash it specifically because its not the original.

they could have literally called this "Bron's Crib" or anything else, and kept the Kid n Play cameo as an ode to house party.
I 100% agree with you. However, I think without the house party brand attached to it, it wouldn’t have the same amount of eyes on it as it does now. Trailer looks funny. Hopefully us oldheads will enjoy, but still say the original is better and the younger folks enjoy it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
shyt looks OK I guess, but I don't see the reason to call it a remake of "house party". there's plenty of party movies. this could just be another one.

it's kinda like if instead of calling the movie project x, they instead they called it superbad 2.0 or some shyt.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
shyt looks OK I guess, but I don't see the reason to call it a remake of "house party". there's plenty of party movies. this could just be another one.

it's kinda like if instead of calling the movie project x, they instead they called it superbad 2.0 or some shyt.
She was a metaphor and a punch line from the first movie who never appeared in any of the sequels. We don't care what she think.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Doesn’t look bad at all

:ehh:

Same sentiments as everyone else. They shouldn’t of called it something different.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
MLK weekend opening :mjlol:

gets to run through black history month as well :bryan:

anyway, this definitely should've just been it's own movie, it really shouldn't try to be part of the house party franchise. it's too hard for sequels to follow up films that became organic classics because they try too hard to be classic, and it never works.

but this is something i would def check out on HBO Max or some shyt, but no way i'm paying $17 to see it

House Party’ Moves To MLK Weekend 2023​

anthony-dalessandro-1.jpg

By Anthony D'Alessandro
October 13, 2022 2:41pm
'House Party'

HOUSE PARTY, Christopher Reid, Christopher Martin, aka Kid N' Play, 1990, (c)New Line Cinema/courtesy Everett CollectionEverett Collection
New Line’s reboot of House Party, which was originally supposed to go to HBO Max, but was given a theatrical release, will now open on Jan. 13, 2023 rather than Dec. 9, 2022.
Bad news: That shifts one wide release out this year, however, two weekends before Christmas was a desert last year with Steven Spielberg’s ultimate Oscar winning West Side Story flopping out of the gate. Good news is that it puts House Party on a prime moviegoing holiday weekend, and next to Blumhouse/Universal’s horror title M3GAN. Pre-pandemic, pop event tentpoles like Jumanji: Next Level and Into the Spiderverse have proved to open and leg out into the New Year. Warner Bros. has the family pic Wonka in the Dec. 15 spot for 2023, prior to Christmas.

Calmatic directs off a screenplay by Jamal Olori and Stephen Glover. Tosin Cole, Jacob Latimore, Karen Obilom and DC Young Fly star. LeBron James and Maverick Carter produce through their SpringHill Company. The company’s Spencer Beighley and Jamal Henderson executive produce along with Reginald Hudlin, Warrington Hudlin and Gretel Twombly.
This leaves the expansion of Focus Features’ Spoiler Alert as the most semi-wide release on that weekend. There’s also limited releases for A24’s The Whale and Searchlight’s Sam Mendes title Empire of Light.