"House Party" | Jan. 13th 2023 | now streaming on HBO Max

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This exactly the type of movie that should’ve been on streaming…less pressure being something people can access at home on a long weekend vs hoping they pay $11-15 at a theater

WB wanted it on HBOMax but I'm thinking Lebron used his power to get it released in theaters but its had no promotion because WB is out of money.
Nah, I think it was just Zaslav didnt want any direct to streaming movies. I want to say for most(all?) live action movies they had planned for streaming, they bumped them up to theatrical releases(this, Evil Dead Rise) if they were okish or just used them as a tax write off(Bat girl) if the money needed to upgrade it to a theatrical release wasnt worth it. This was originally pose to come out on streaming in July of last year.

This was an article from August

Meanwhile, the reboot of comedy classic “House Party,” from LeBron James and Maverick Carter’s SpringHill, was previously slated to premiere July 28 on HBO Max but was scrubbed from the release calendar.

HBO Max’s removal of the Warner Bros. movies could be part of WBD’s move to get streaming-content payment obligations for underperforming titles off its books. In the case of an unreleased movie like the “House Party” remake, the media conglomerate could be accounting for it as a tax write-down, as it is expected to do with “Batgirl” and “Scoob: Holiday Haunt” (the latter of which was a sequel to the animated “Scoob!”).

So I can see WB thinking it was cheap enuff to maybe make a few million in theaters OR they were going to use it as a tax write off but Lebron fought for it to be released. Either way it wasnt going to be released on Max after Zaslav took over.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This exactly the type of movie that should’ve been on streaming…less pressure being something people can access at home on a long weekend vs hoping they pay $11-15 at a theater

Wait.....these smooth brain doofuses put this "movie" in theaters instead of a streaming service lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOooo

No wonder why they paid me the big dollars to have one part of the movie :dead:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Nah, I think it was just Zaslav didnt want any direct to streaming movies. I want to say for most(all?) live action movies they had planned for streaming, they bumped them up to theatrical releases(this, Evil Dead Rise) if they were okish or just used them as a tax write off(Bat girl) if the money needed to upgrade it to a theatrical release wasnt worth it. This was originally pose to come out on streaming in July of last year.

This was an article from August

So I can see WB thinking it was cheap enuff to maybe make a few million in theaters OR they were going to use it as a tax write off but Lebron fought for it to be released. Either way it wasnt going to be released on Max after Zaslav took over.
This is what I said. I know they changed course when Disco took over but Lebron used his power to get it released.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This is what I said. I know they changed course when Disco took over but Lebron used his power to get it released.
:whoa: Seemed like you were saying WB wanted to release it on Max and Lebron fought for it to be released in theaters

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
WB wanted it on HBOMax but I'm thinking Lebron used his power to get it released in theaters but its had no promotion because WB is out of money.

Lebron had nothing to do with getting this movie put into theaters. The new overlords at WB wanted to put a focus on theatrical releases and making a profit in cinemas instead of throwing it on streamers

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Lebron had nothing to do with getting this movie put into theaters. The new overlords at WB wanted to put a focus on theatrical releases and making a profit in cinemas instead of throwing it on streamers
You don't know that. If you think Lebron and Maverick just sat back and let WB do whatever they wanted without any input you are wrong.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
“Kid and Play’s characters liked to dance and have fun, talk to girls and came from middle-class homes. The only stakes were getting home before bedtime and avoiding the neighborhood bullies, while injecting subtle social commentary about police brutality and class. However, in Glover and Olori’s script, wanton ignorance is rewarded and celebrated as the main duo gaslight each other into making decisions that would literally ruin their lives. “

DAAAAAAMNNNNNNNN