House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This episode is better than almost any episode of GoT. Seeing both parties and the kingdom spiraling piece by piece and showing the small folk paying the price is A+. Seeing the intra-family conflict and how it effects rulership is the icing on the cake. :wow:

Unhinged desperation. Love it. :wow:

This.

Not exploring how all these people's actions had effects on the realm as a whole was a big misstep in the later seasons of GoT. I love that we're getting to see that now. It's like how Russia don't report about how the sanctions are ruining their banking system right now.

People hear "blockade" or "sanction" or "tariffs" and its obtuse. But on the ground that shyt can be devastating for the everyday folks.

And think about if a plumber killed one of the President's kids, and the FBI went a rounded up all the plumbers in DC and HUNG THEM FROM THE WALLS OF THE WHITE HOUSE.

Aegon a true dipshyt.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
They really tried to make that Daemon x Rhaenyra blowout the Tom x Shiv fight from Succession season 4. :mjlol:

Felt unearned by comparison. But HBO gotta play the hits. Episode had a few scenes that felt like Emmy reels for the actors.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I still think Alicent was badly cast, i cannot see her as a grandmother. She looks the same age as her children

She was a great cast for looking like the young actress that played the character

but yeah her being a grandmother is weird. I can't tell if she's a young grandmother or what (I think she is tho right?)

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
This episode is better than almost any episode of GoT. Seeing both parties and the kingdom spiraling piece by piece and showing the small folk paying the price is A+. Seeing the intra-family conflict and how it effects rulership is the icing on the cake. :wow:

Unhinged desperation. Love it. :wow:

I can agree in concept but I definitely found the execution of the episode lacking at parts

I just dont really know why

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
She was a great cast for looking like the young actress that played the character

but yeah her being a grandmother is weird. I can't tell if she's a young grandmother or what (I think she is tho right?)

I think she’s supposed to be the same age as Rhaenyra which i think is early to mid 30s?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Did Alicent truly spend time with her children and nurture them and love on them?

They all seem very awkward with her. No wonder Aemond has mommy issues.

She put all her time into Aegon and was very close to Haelaena. Aemond suffered from fat kid and middle kid issues. He also was the last to get a dragon and basically wasn't really tapped to do shyt.

Iluvmusic

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
Down south
She put all her time into Aegon and was very close to Haelaena. Aemond suffered from fat kid and middle kid issues. He also was the last to get a dragon and basically wasn't really tapped to do shyt.
And she also grew up without her mother and her father basically used her for personal gain, so she's just broken all around.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

She had her first kid when she was like 14. So if Aegon is around 20, she's 34. That's pretty accurate. Aegon and Haelena's kids were like 6 and 4 so that means she woulda had kids at around 14-16 as well. Which ain't all that crazy for a medieval setting. Otto is prolly only like 50.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Criston man :dead:
Man Greens whole bunch of fukk ups
Yeah Aegon deserved having his kid head chopped off
Bunch of stupid ass besides grandpa pimp otto :russ:

Last edited: