House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I was arguing tooth and nail with stupid cacs on TikTok who swore Velaryons couldn't dragonride when GRRM spelled it out in bold print English in the books :dead: Like how dumb can you be? GRRM says multiple times throughout the books the Targs marry other Valyrian houses to keep their "blood strong". Why else would they need to keep the blood strong if not for dragonriding? :dead: This logic implies that marrying Velaryons helps them maintain their Valyrian ancestry and that if the Targs married too many cacs from Westeros, that heritage would get diluted. The way I see it, in Valryia, you had to be rich and powerful to own dragons. You had to be the Valaryian equivalent of a Stark/Lannister/Baratheon/Tyrell to have dragons. If you were from a small house like the Umbers or the Mormonts, the top families over there wouldn't have allowed you to do it. The 40 Dragonlord Families are clearly a play on the Roman Senate and how the richest families in Rome (e.g. Patricians) controlled the government. Ergo....the Velaryons COULD have been dragon riders, the same way anybody COULD have been a Roman Senator. They just weren't ALLOWED because they weren't noble enough.
Somebody in here was trying to argue that too when I asked why Corlys didn't ride a dragon.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm stunned at how weak that episode was despite some strong scenes early. I simply cannot understand why they're slow walking this shyt. This feels like there's been no real ideological progress since the first episode, where surely war was inevitable. Yes there has been some battle and violence but not nearly enough. I don't understand what they're doing at all.

The editing is bad too. The constant stringing together of dialogue scenes that probably should be back to back. Specifically with the new characters (the b*stards). It saps the energy out the show when you go from that back to Dragonstone where nothing is happening, then to KL where some people are talking, etc etc. I don't get it.

The ending of this episode could have easily been the midway point instead, given how much time was wasted repeating the same scenes over and over. Harrenhall dreams, the queen feeling lonely, etc etc.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
are these nikkaz serious?

this makes no sense with alphabet shyt

The Agenda wins again :martin:
I thought she slept with a chick in season 1...
They givin this how Mysaria too much influence.

Team Black got whores and witches tipping things in their favor. I can’t respect it. Daemon and Rhaenyra using the hints that come up in a video game when you take too long to clear a level.

:stopitslime:
This is no different from the OG series
Not gonna lie expected more from this season and with 2 episodes left it feels like nothings really happened and I don’t know who’s doing dialogue this season but fire them

Everyone’s character feels flat except Aegon it’s criminal what they’ve done to Daemon

Rhaenyra and Alicent were marketed as the main characters and there the most useless and pointless out of all of them :dead:
They're still the "main" characters (hard to select 1-2 of those in this GRRM universe) but they were always the equivalent of 2 sisters star-crossed by male ambition and obstinace in gender roles. The fall of House Targaryen arguably really started when the Great Council passed Rhaenys.
Maybe cause he still got his hair so he look more like Laenor than the bald one

My question is how come his hair not dirty silver though like his dad and brother.....Maybe they got different moms though

I'm confused too. And why doesn't the youngest b*stard have silver hair like his pops?
Valyrians are likely but not guaranteed to have silver hair and especially if one parent isn't old Valyrian blood. Same reason Rhaenyra's boys don't have it and Jon Snow didn't have it.