House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
These MFs have done a terrible job letting us know about Viserys' and Alicent's third son. They mentioned that MF for like 20 seconds all season. No idea how old he is, what he looks like, why he's not around, etc. :mjtf:
Major problem with the show IMO. The characterization is just...off, besides a handful of characters. The insistence on repetitive scenes instead of properly introducing and reinforcing characters is just weird. Even with the Kingsguard twins...think about how few scenes they had. Or how few scenes Luke had before the finale last season. So much is banked on people having a deep emotional investment in Rhaenyra and Alicent that the show writers hope/pray you mourn a lot of these deaths based moreso based on the grief the queens experience rather than feeling bad for the characters who actually died.

There was time to establish the Kingsguard more, including Cole. There was time to establish Breakbones (Harwin Strong) in season 1, instead he had a couple scenes before dying. I think the show is written well overall and is certainly good but this is a major issue that really hurts it compared to Game Of Thrones.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Major problem with the show IMO. The characterization is just...off, besides a handful of characters. The insistence on repetitive scenes instead of properly introducing and reinforcing characters is just weird. Even with the Kingsguard twins...think about how few scenes they had. Or how few scenes Luke had before the finale last season. So much is banked on people having a deep emotional investment in Rhaenyra and Alicent that the show writers hope/pray you mourn a lot of these deaths based moreso based on the grief the queens experience rather than feeling bad for the characters who actually died.

There was time to establish the Kingsguard more, including Cole. There was time to establish Breakbones (Harwin Strong) in season 1, instead he had a couple scenes before dying. I think the show is written well overall and is certainly good but this is a major issue that really hurts it compared to Game Of Thrones.
Yeah them time jumps really fuccked a lot of shyt. Im not sure if I even remember ever seeing Viserys having a dialogue scene with Aemond, Aegon, or the girl. Probably why I don't really connect them to him like I do Rheanyra. Be forgetting that they're even siblings half the time.

Daps

The scene where Rhaenyra gives birth to Joffrey was supposed to be the pilot. I think had they spent less time with the young actors, they could have developed the other characters more before the end of the first season. But I guess it was good to see how Aemond lost his eye.