House Of Cards is a masterpiece

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
when we were first introduced to cersei, she was a one dimensional villain. do you still see her that way?
when we were first introduced to daenerys, she was a timid girl who allowed herself to be controlled. do you still see her that way?

Well if were going by when they were introduced in episode one, then yeah ok you got me...

But im saying from the ending of season 1... to right now is more fair comparison...

Cersei is an interesting character no doubt... but with the exception of the love for her children which was evident pretty much from the jump... she is not redeemable as a person... she's just a female villain trying to get it done in a man's world...

The fact that Tywin came in and took away her agency, didnt make her a evolve.. it just drew some sympathy, shes still the same bytch...

Daenrys... I shouldnt even speak on... because the character is unrelentingly stagnant to me.. Since she started her run as khaleesi until now... she's been doing the same shyt...

But I get where you're coming from... its just we have a different perspective on things.

killacal

Banned
Daps
I thought season 1 was crack but between the soap operaness and the gay shyt I haven't finished season 2 and I'm not interested in finishing it :manny:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Your making an assumption about what everyone is seeing to justify your oppinion... Im not gonna speak for every single person who watches the show... because I dont know what they are thinking..

But for example andy greenwald one of the top tv critics from grantland had the same oppinion as me on his podcast...

Tyrion is the same noble dwarf
Cersei still an irredeemable bytch
Littlefinger opportunist slimeball
Jon Snow noble dude wanting to prove himself

These characters and many others havent really evolved... furthermore we dont really get to see them in different perspectives...

The most painful example was Sansa, but you can definitely say that she is going to make a big leap next season...

I get people like the show, but there is no argument to be made that the characters are as nuanced or that the show as a whole is as character based as a show like Mad Men... where literally nothing could happen for an entire season... you're watching to see how characters grow.
I do think the narrative is more of the force of the show but there is character development. Tyrion ended the last season as a cold blooded killer he wasn’t that before. Arya is now a warrior/soldier type catching bodies she wasn’t that before, and Samwell is now a noble standup guy, he started as a coward. Also, there are things in the books just left out of the show that would speak to character development as well.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well if were going by when they were introduced in episode one, then yeah ok you got me...

But im saying from the ending of season 1... to right now is more fair comparison...

Cersei is an interesting character no doubt... but with the exception of the love for her children which was evident pretty much from the jump... she is not redeemable as a person... she's just a female villain trying to get it done in a man's world...

The fact that Tywin came in and took away her agency, didnt make her a evolve.. it just drew some sympathy, shes still the same bytch...

Daenrys... I shouldnt even speak on... because the character is unrelentingly stagnant to me.. Since she started her run as khaleesi until now... she's been doing the same shyt...

But I get where you're coming from... its just we have a different perspective on things.

of course she evolved. in the season 4 finale she challenged her father for the first time in her entire life and put her foot down. she's stronger now than she's ever been. strong enough to fukk her brother out in the open and deal with the consequences after.

the daenrys segments are some of my favorites as well because it shows that it takes more than just good intentions to rule a nation. for every problem she solves, a new one arises from it.

all in all i just can't agree with anyone that says the show or it's characters don't got layers to it. GOT touches on just about every issue. you got your obvious themes like love, good versus evil, self doubt, etc... but it also deals with war, government, politics... and not only that but you get it from so many point of views. the king, the queen, the peasant, the slave, the husband, the wife, the son, the daughter, the brother, the sister... it's just fascinating to me watching all these pieces on the chess board playing the game of life, all bound together in one way or another, constantly towing the line between good and evil, and sometimes showing shades of grey.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I stopped at episode 2 of season 2. The shyt that happened episode 1 of season 2 was so ridiculous that I couldn't keep going. Season 1 was indeed a masterpiece tho

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I'm gonna throw this show in the bushes. I'm only watching cause I already sunk so much time into it. I'm in season four episodes 11 and it's some of the most ridiculous TV I've watched.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR