House Of Cards is a masterpiece

Daps
Reppin
NYC
not a house of cards fan after season 2... but to say that game of thrones is very sophisticated is pretty laughable breh...

it is what it is... and i watch it... but its not sopranos, its not mad men...

any show where the discussion is 90% driven by the narrative, like "whats gonna happen next!!" is not sophisticated...

same thing goes for shows like walking dead etc..

no one rewatches episodes of game of thrones... but thats not to say its not enjoyable.

:snoop:

game of thrones is more character driven than it is plot driven, by FAR.

the overarching plot barely moves at all most of the time. it is the growth of the individual characters and the situations they find themselves in that keep the show moving.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
:snoop:

game of thrones is more character driven than it is plot driven, by FAR.

the overarching plot barely moves at all most of the time. it is the growth of the individual characters and the situations they find themselves in that keep the show moving.

compare game of thrones to Mad Men and tell me its character driven... Better yet the Sopranos...

No man... Game of thrones is a narrative driven show... and thats not necessarily a bad thing but its real...

The only character that has shown layered growth is Jamie... other than that...every character fits the same mold they did when they were introduced... they just are put in new situations.

But besides that be real... have you ever rewatched an episode of GoT?

All that said i still watch and enjoy the show.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
compare game of thrones to Mad Men and tell me its character driven... Better yet the Sopranos...

No man... Game of thrones is a narrative driven show... and thats not necessarily a bad thing but its real...

The only character that has shown layered growth is Jamie... other than that...every character fits the same mold they did when they were introduced... they just are put in new situations.

I believe you are watching a different show than the rest of us.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps

Yup. People confuse the plot advancing with the characters evolving. Game of Thrones characters are largely disposable. Thats why they get killed off so easily while the narratives drag on for multiple seasons...

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
I'm not being a dikk.

What else am I supposed to say? You are clearly NOT seeing what everyone else is seeing.

Your making an assumption about what everyone is seeing to justify your oppinion... Im not gonna speak for every single person who watches the show... because I dont know what they are thinking..

But for example andy greenwald one of the top tv critics from grantland had the same oppinion as me on his podcast...

Tyrion is the same noble dwarf
Cersei still an irredeemable bytch
Littlefinger opportunist slimeball
Jon Snow noble dude wanting to prove himself

These characters and many others havent really evolved... furthermore we dont really get to see them in different perspectives...

The most painful example was Sansa, but you can definitely say that she is going to make a big leap next season...

I get people like the show, but there is no argument to be made that the characters are as nuanced or that the show as a whole is as character based as a show like Mad Men... where literally nothing could happen for an entire season... you're watching to see how characters grow.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
i thought season 2 was good, but def lacked the suspense of the 1st season. In the first season frank had to deal with a lot more situations, and you really didnt see where he was going with everything until the last 3-4 eps. Although the billionaire was a good antagonist, it seemed like everything else easily fell in place. For me the worst part of season 2 (outside of meechum:scusthov: :scust:) was how the president just fell for his antics so easily.
That guy went from being :smugdraper:to :flabbynsick::mjcry: in the span of 13 episodes :childplease:

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Yup. People confuse the plot advancing with the characters evolving. Game of Thrones characters are largely disposable. Thats why they get killed off so easily while the narratives drag on for multiple seasons...

The thing is I think dude is confusing the fact that the characters' environments and locus of power changes radically season to season... but there is no character in the show with the exception of Jamie... Who we would expect to act a certain way in season 1.... and has shattered those expectations come season 4.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
i thought season 2 was good, but def lacked the suspense of the 1st season. In the first season frank had to deal with a lot more situations, and you really didnt see where he was going with everything until the last 3-4 eps. Although the billionaire was a good antagonist, it seemed like everything else easily fell in place. For me the worst part of season 2 (outside of meechum:scusthov: :scust:) was how the president just fell for his antics so easily.
That guy went from being :smugdraper:to :flabbynsick::mjcry: in the span of 13 episodes :childplease:
Also, HoC doesn't do a very good job illustrating time IMO.

I have a hard time believing that someone can go from a congressman to President in such lil time.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Your making an assumption about what everyone is seeing to justify your oppinion... Im not gonna speak for every single person who watches the show... because I dont know what they are thinking..

But for example andy greenwald one of the top tv critics from grantland had the same oppinion as me on his podcast...

Tyrion is the same noble dwarf
Cersei still an irredeemable bytch
Littlefinger opportunist slimeball
Jon Snow noble dude wanting to prove himself

These characters and many others havent really evolved... furthermore we dont really get to see them in different perspectives...

The most painful example was Sansa, but you can definitely say that she is going to make a big leap next season...

I get people like the show, but there is no argument to be made that the characters are as nuanced or that the show as a whole is as character based as a show like Mad Men... where literally nothing could happen for an entire season... you're watching to see how characters grow.

bro please don't take this as that i don't have a counter-argument prepared... but this post is so off base and just so factually incorrect that i don't believe it even warrants a discussion.

stop listening to idiots on podcasts and form your own opinion. because from the sound of it... that guy is an idiot too.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
bro please don't take this as that i don't have a counter-argument prepared... but this post is so off base and just so factually incorrect that i don't believe it even warrants a discussion.

stop listening to idiots on podcasts and form your own opinion. because from the sound of it... that guy is an idiot too.

this is my oppinion.

make your argument or dont, if what im saying doesnt want warrant a response to u cool... but your not furthering the discussion at all with the ad hominems

Daps
Reppin
NYC
this is my oppinion.

make your argument or dont, if what im saying doesnt want warrant a response to u cool... but your not furthering the discussion at all with the ad hominems

when we were first introduced to cersei, she was a one dimensional villain. do you still see her that way?
when we were first introduced to daenerys, she was a timid girl who allowed herself to be controlled. do you still see her that way?