House is swarmed after being listed in Raleigh for under $300k

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro, I'm starting to think you're just trolling.

But my proof is that I JUST bought a house for more than the asking price. Like literally a few months ago lol. Now tell me how that was allowed?

As far as me not knowing what I'm talking about, peep my post history. I'm pretty confident in saying that I'm just as qualified as anyone on this entire forum to be speaking on this particular topic.

I already settled this, I can't even see what you're posting

you are late

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
You list the house at the appraised value, nobody is going to buy a house for more than what is worth

if you pay for more than a house is worth you're a fukking idiot

the cash bids are from corporations

So after I showed you proof that I personally just bought a house for more than the list price, you went from "it's illegal and not possible" to "nobody would ever do that".

Also, your logic is still all types of flawed because you don't know the appraised value of the home at the time you're listing it. You don't know the appraised value until the home is already under contract and the Buyer, either on their own if they're paying cash (optional), or as a requirement from the bank, orders one. So your first sentence makes no sense at all.

Secondly, buying a home for more than the appraised value is VERY common in this market. In South Florida, a lot of sellers are requiring the Buyer to either a) waive the appraisal contingency all together or b) insert an above-appraised-value contingency, meaning the Buyer agrees to pay X amount of dollars over the appraised value, not to exceed the purchase price.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So after I showed you proof that I personally just bought a house for more than the list price, you went from "it's illegal and not possible" to "nobody would ever do that".

Also, your logic is still all types of flawed because you don't know the appraised value of the home at the time you're listing it. You don't know the appraised value until the home is already under contract and the Buyer, either on their own if they're paying cash (optional), or as a requirement from the bank, orders one. So your first sentence makes no sense at all.

Secondly, buying a home for more than the appraised value is VERY common in this market. In South Florida, a lot of sellers are requiring the Buyer to either a) waive the appraisal contingency all together or b) insert an above-appraised-value contingency, meaning the Buyer agrees to pay X amount of dollars over the appraised value, not to exceed the purchase price.

You didn't show me anything

Yeah it is illegal, and you could sue if you got a real estate lawyer people get taking of all the time

and you didn't show proof, what proof, a dead link
also I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said it was illegal

also once again, if you're bidding on a bank owned home that is listed, there's different than a private seller listing their home with a real state broker

When Oprah over paid for her house it was listed at the market price, it was a private sell

no bank is going to finance a house over it's appraised value we already discussed that

the fact you paid more for a house than what it's worth shows that you are a fukking idiot

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
My home is worth twice what I bought it for. Sounds like a great time to sell but then I'd have to spend what I sold it for on a house that's probably not as nice as mine.

Catch 22

I was about to mention it being a catch 22, but yup, your profits would totally be eaten up.

my sister found out this the hard way when they sold their old crib in the city for a large profit only to have to pay over asking price for their current home in the suburbs.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
You didn't show me anything

Yeah it is illegal, and you could sue if you got a real estate lawyer people get taking of all the time

and you didn't show proof, what proof, a dead link
also I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said it was illegal

also once again, if you're bidding on a bank owned home that is listed, there's different than a private seller listing their home with a real state broker

When Oprah over paid for her house it was listed at the market price, it was a private sell

no bank is going to finance a house over it's appraised value we already discussed that

the fact you paid more for a house than what it's worth shows that you are a fukking idiot

Dogg, I AM a real estate lawyer :russ: :lolbron::mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're still not understanding the difference between list price and appraised value. You a special kind of dumb.

No I'm not they said it was A SELLER MARKET, and sellers were seller higher than the value

So you are agreeing with me

If Seller's are LISTING THEIR HOUSES LOWER THAN THE APPRAISED VALUE

THAN IT'S A BUYER'S MARKET

WHICH IS WHY YOU BROUGHT

THANK YOU

Yall so busy trying to prove me wrong you create narratives and run with it

but end up proving me right after you talk yourselves in circles

dumb ass idiots

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
The value of a house rarely decreases, yes. However the rate of appreciation can, and has, fluctuated over the years.

If historically, you have seen an asset appreciate at 4%, over the past 30 years, and then in the past year it appreciates by 18%, do you

A. Hop on in the hopes that historical data is irrelevant, and this asset will continue to appreciate at significantly higher than what we have seen in the past?

B. Anticipate that in a return to the norm, future performance will underperform other assets for a while, as market dynamics correct the aberration seen in the previous year?

If the answer is B, then if you buy this year, then you're relatively fukked if you're relying on asset appreciation over the next 30 years.

Now, if financial return doesn't matter to you, and you just want to buy, and you can afford a property easily, sure, go for it. But if you're looking to buy a house because you think house prices will continue to appreciate at current rates, and they will not level to historical appreciation rates, then... :francis:

I don't think what you've said in the bolded is what most current homebuyers are expecting unless they plan to just flip it.