Hotel Artemis | June 8, 2018

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
And I was way off. Seems like this is only going to make less than 7 million this weekend. I'm hearing the movie is a bit rushed at the end and it's sold for its action, but it's a character drama, which could explain why the critical reviews are meh. People don't like feeling duped.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I was way off. Seems like this is only going to make less than 7 million this weekend. I'm hearing the movie is a bit rushed at the end and it's sold for its action, but it's a character drama, which could explain why the critical reviews are meh. People don't like feeling duped.

So its an action fake out? Looks short too meh i aint losing sleep for this shyt then i was going to go this morning to the 10:30 showing

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
So its an action fake out? Looks short too meh i aint losing sleep for this shyt then i was going to go this morning to the 10:30 showing

I'm still going on Tuesday morning, but I believe the fake out is real. Like 2-3 scenes with action. And its runtime is like you said... short.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I saw it. Really was not what it was being advertised as and what it ended up being was solidly :beli:, its a shame too because it had all the ingredients to be a really cool movie.
Thats what im hearing it has the potential to be good but it all seems to fall short

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Saw it today, definitely did live up to the previews. I was expecting some John Wick sh*t based on the previews, but it was mostly boring. No real backstory to any of the characters, so the lack of action really stood out when you don’t have any motivation to care about anyone in the movie.

Jeff Goldblum’s character was such a waste, so much build up for nothing

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Saw it today, definitely did live up to the previews. I was expecting some John Wick sh*t based on the previews, but it was mostly boring. No real backstory to any of the characters, so the lack of action really stood out when you don’t have any motivation to care about anyone in the movie.

Jeff Goldblum’s character was such a waste, so much build up for nothing
Goldblum was seriously wasted but so were Sterling K. Brown and Zachary Pinto. I was expecting Brown to be Black John Wick and I figured we'd get a reveal that Quinto was behind killing Goldblum's character so he could take over the business but we got nothing from any of them.

The only people that came off well in this movie were Batista and Sofia Boutella.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Goldblum was seriously wasted but so were Sterling K. Brown and Zachary Pinto. I was expecting Brown to be Black John Wick and I figured we'd get a reveal that Quinto was behind killing Goldblum's character so he could take over the business but we got nothing from any of them.

The only people that came off well in this movie were Batista and Sofia Boutella.

I thought the same thing about Sterling K, I thought they were about to set it off when they all had that state down, but nope.

I agree Batista and Sofia, were good but mostly because of the actors putting effort into making the character a character and Sofia got a slight back story.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Really should have read a review of this movie.

Joint is awful. Wasted a great cast.

Its barely a character drama. None of the characters are fully fleshed out.

There was a weird and unrelated subplot with corporate greed too and water too. They spent time talking about that and how bad it was, but it had ZERO effect on the plot. The movie could have been made without talking about it.

Jenny Slate was pointless too. Like she didn't enhance the plot whatsoever once Jeff Goldblum showed up.

Low key, Dave Bautista was the best part of this movie.

Last edited:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Not sure what others seen in the trailer to get hyped about this one. Even my homie I talk movies w/ sent me this trailer and I was like nah bruh.He seen it and didnt like it.