Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg gets exposed AGAIN for not knowing the Teddy Riley and Babyface songs

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci: Bruh in the video he clearly said that Right Here is better than Babyface's catalog. He didn't say shyt about not knowing Babyface's songs and he clearly knew some of them in the video. But here you come with that "but but he probably can't name a Babyface song". :camby:

You don't understand what I'm trying to say. Please stop quoting me.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
You don't understand what I'm trying to say. Please stop quoting me.
Bruh I know exactly what you trying to say. But what you saying was wrong cause like I said he recognized a number of Babyface's songs. Don't matter though cause whether he knew it or not he should of shut the fukk up and not disrespected black legends but of course people gonna act like its not a big deal. If it was some metallica vs nirvana type shyt that disrespect wouldn't even be close to being allowed.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
E-bro was not around when stretch and bobito were on hot 97.

He may know somethings, but in my opinion him and crew should stay in their lane..
Ebro is older than Rosenberg and knows the songs. Thats what matters.

Saying "yeah I didn't like this song cause Babyface was playa hating" is different from "what song is this?"

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
A great thing about Black folks and R & B specifically is we curate it perfectly. Not sure what it is like in other regions of the country but here in the Tri-state listening to WBLS all the worthwhile R & B released throughout the decades is played. What is considered classic is indeed classic. No filler, no favorites are being played based on something else other than music quality.
There is nothing better than driving around on a Sunday listening to WBLS. :banderas:

Down here in the DMV, you can tune into Majic 102.3 or WHUR for that soulful classic R&B shyt :wow: They’ll even play some of the good shyt from my generation too like Miguel, Khalid, HER, etc. :blessed:

WHUR in particular is essentially our WLBS and is well respected out here since they were instrumental in creating the Quiet Storm sound and movement out of DC. That’s why they’re literally the Home of the Quiet Storm. As soon as it’s 6:00 PM and you’re sitting in rush hour traffic and you tryna cruise to some smooth old school shyt, switch over to 96.3 FM just in time to hear this:

(Approaching thunderstorm sounds)

Sista voice: “W-H-U-R....Washington”

Transitions to:

:banderas:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Yeah people going over the top. Especially since I know a LOT of black people who aren't into R&B. A lot of these generation Z kids and even millenials don't know or care for it. They only know who's current.

A good chunk but not all of us, or arguably even most of us breh :mjlol:

In addition to myself, damn near most fellow millennials I went to high school with (Class of 2010) were fukking with 90’s R&B and New Jack Swing and urban gospel music as much as we did R&B from the 2Ks and 2010 itself.

Gen Z you have a bigger point. Which is funny considering that in contrast to high school, when I finally went to a full-time university in 2016, I’d wager that 85% of the student body were Gen Zers and my whole time there, I’ve heard mainly Trap music and Rap music. Rarely any R&B pre-2015. The only time I’d ever hear them play some old school R&B is at certain functions and this is at an HBCU mind you. Now I’ll also say this, my alma mater do be getting it the fukk in whenever they play some old shyt especially Frankie Beverly, New Edition, Maze, Kid n Play, Bell Biv Devoe, Faith Evans, MJ, etc., especially at on-campus BBQs, student election campaign parties, and tailgates; and these are the same Gen Zers too. So they legit do be surprising me at times :leon:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This isn't true at all.

The R&B they know might still have started in 2005, but they KNOW the songs.

Trey Songz, Chris Brown, Jeremih, Ty Dolla, Bryson Tiller, Omarion, Ella Mai, Sza, etc. Doesn't matter. Theres STILL black R&B artists with black followings.

Even this new R&B they still follow.

You're wrong about this.

Every generation of black listener has their own R&B preferences, but they still love R&B.

This is so not true lmao:mjlol:

Knowing who the artists are and actually listening to them are two different things. Me personally, I could care less about this Teddy/Babyface shyt and don't get the hype/excitement. Yes I know who they are. I'm a millennial who loves R&B, but have my short list of favorites. Even a lot of black women today ain't even fukking with R&B like they used to. People under the age of 31-32 today are mostly all about trap. Go to any college campus, Uber pool, bus, train in the city and all these girls/kids/adults under 32 are listening to is this new dumb rap shyt