Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Gonna cop just based off that gif :whew:

I have nothing else to play since the 3 games I've had pre-ordered since last year still are not out

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Just finished the DLC :wow: dope final battle, much better than the one in the main game. The Banuk weapons, especially the Icerail and Stormslinger after you improve them though, makes me think using them in a new game+ would make it a breeze

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
How’s the frozen wild brehs? I beat the game without the power shield armor. Do I need it for the dlc?

I've spent 80% if the DLC in Adept Carja Silks that I've modded for stealth. The other 20 percent in the Nora Stealth outfit itself. I've had little to
no desire or need for the shielded armor and I'm on Very Hard difficulty. Funny enough, the only machine that's killed me was a Stalker (one shotted me with the tail swipe after I got overzealous with the heavy spear attacks.) The new machines are aggressive but if you're fairly skilled at dodging, (and combat in general) the shielded armor isn't a necessity in the least.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I've spent 80% if the DLC in Adept Carja Silks that I've modded for stealth. The other 20 percent in the Nora Stealth outfit itself. I've had little to
no desire or need for the shielded armor and I'm on Very Hard difficulty. Funny enough, the only machine that's killed me was a Stalker (one shotted me with the tail swipe after I got overzealous with the heavy spear attacks.) The new machines are aggressive but if you're fairly skilled at dodging, (and combat in general) the shielded armor isn't a necessity in the least.
The harder difficulties don't make the game necessarily harder, just infinitely more punishing. Its kinda like Bloodborne where you just don't get to make mistakes and you're forced to have a plan to kill everything you meet.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The harder difficulties don't make the game necessarily harder, just infinitely more punishing. Its kinda like Bloodborne where you just don't get to make mistakes and you're forced to have a plan to kill everything you meet.

Pretty much why I enjoy it so. The game is actually very fair in that regard as I very seldom feel like I'm being cheesed. Almost every time I take damage, upon review, it was because of something I did. I was either careless or didn't plan appropriately. I really like the cerebral approach the game encourages on the higher difficulties and the "David vs Goliath" feel of going against these machines. If you're skilled, you can attack most enemies head on with nothing but a hunters bow, war bow and rope caster, but laying out some exploding trip wire and luring a frost claw into it after obnoxiously pelting him with multiple rocks is one of the GOAT feelings I've had this gen. :pachaha:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Pretty much why I enjoy it so. The game is actually very fair in that regard as I very seldom feel like I'm being cheesed. Almost every time I take damage, upon review, it was because of something I did. I was either careless or didn't plan appropriately. I really like the cerebral approach the game encourages on the higher difficulties and the "David vs Goliath" feel of going against these machines. If you're skilled, you can attack most enemies head on with nothing but a hunters bow, war bow and rope caster, but laying out some exploding trip wire and luring a frost claw into it after obnoxiously pelting him with multiple rocks is one of the GOAT feelings I've had this gen. :pachaha:
I think that's why I liked these new fights so much too.

When I first ran into that Frostclaw in the beginning I spent maybe 10 minutes just looking :leostare: then I set a load of traps and wires, sat back and waited - much to my surprise he sniffed that shyt out and refused to waltz into my blender like his brothers and sisters would've :jbhmm:

After realizing my lack of information I just shot him in the face with a regular arrow to see what would happen :lupe:

:damn::damn::damn: