Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
goddamn yal missed out on some piff

ropecaster turns stormbirds into thots :wow:
Ropecaster is essential. Tripcaster isn't imo. Rattler was more like Tickler to me. Don't know what difficulty breh played on but I found it useless on hard.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Ropecaster is essential. Tripcaster isn't imo. Rattler was more like Tickler to me. Don't know what difficulty breh played on but I found it useless on hard.
Playing on hard...
The Shadow Rattler is best because it's elemental(the other two Rattlers are not worth it)..
Plus I have 51% handeling, 43%damaga, 43% fire on it..
Ropecaster I have 53% handeling, 43% tear, 51% handeling..
Tie them down, use frozen or fire bolts and it takes them out..
Plus my hunter bow is all damage except one fire upgrade(did a lot of farming at the scrapper site/Thunderjaw site) to mix up when they are down..
Wish I was better with the sling/tripcaster but just don't like them as weapons..

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Playing on hard...
The Shadow Rattler is best because it's elemental(the other two Rattlers are not worth it)..
Plus I have 51% handeling, 43%damaga, 43% fire on it..
Ropecaster I have 53% handeling, 43% tear, 51% handeling..
Tie them down, use frozen or fire bolts and it takes them out..
Plus my hunter bow is all damage except one fire upgrade(did a lot of farming at the scrapper site/Thunderjaw site) to mix up when they are down..
Wish I was better with the sling/tripcaster but just don't like them as weapons..
I used the slings quite a bit actually. that and the Sharpshooter bow did the most work in the later stage of the game paired with the Ropecaster. for all the smaller enemies I just used Shadow Hunter bow

not gonna go thru the stats on all my preferred weapons but adding up all the mods on these I had:
Ropecaster 113% Handling, and 51% Tear

Lodge Blast Sling 58% Handling, 101% Damage
Shadow Sling 61% Shock, 62% Freeze, 49% Fire, 37% Damage

Slings were best with crowds and large enemies. Rattler didn't check any boxes that my arrows didn't already

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I used the slings quite a bit actually. that and the Sharpshooter bow did the most work in the later stage of the game paired with the Ropecaster. for all the smaller enemies I just used Shadow Hunter bow

not gonna go thru the stats on all my preferred weapons but adding up all the mods on these I had:
Ropecaster 113% Handling, and 51% Tear

Lodge Blast Sling 58% Handling, 101% Damage
Shadow Sling 61% Shock, 62% Freeze, 49% Fire, 37% Damage

Slings were best with crowds and large enemies. Rattler didn't check any boxes that my arrows didn't already
Understandable..
This is the one game(at least for the type of games I play which are mainly 3rd person /fighting) that everybody has a different style or weapon they favor..
I use mostly stealth, long range and overrides..
I get frustrated jumping around using the sling but I've seen some dope videos on YouTube with some out of this world sling capabilities..
I also use a lot of traps instead of the tripcaster..
But like I said, I like seeing the diversity amongst players..
:ehh:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Rope and Trip are both needed imo

I remember taking out 3 Sawtooth's at the same time with just the Tripcaster. I put about 8 of them about 10 feet in front of me then shot one of them. They did what i thought they were going to do and ran straight towards me. They were running at me full speed while I was like :hhh: and watched them blow up before they could even land a blow :blessed:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the rattler puts in work, the thing is you have to get up close and personal with it.....it works great on machines that run up on you, like that damn bird with the fire blast.....also, i found it great to use against rockcrushers....ropecast them, then rattle the shyt outta them cause it has freeze, which they are weak against....you just gotta be careful not to burst the gas sacks on their sides while using it...it does great damage to them, but it fukks you up....freeze them enough, then take a step back and let the arrows fly on they ass.....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tripcaster is trash

no my brotha....that shyt is great when you set machines up to run into them....it just takes more planning to use than other weapons...sometimes the machines dont go the way you set the lines up, and it sucks, but when the plan comes together and machines run through your lines, it's fukking beautiful....

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
no my brotha....that shyt is great when you set machines up to run into them....it just takes more planning to use than other weapons...sometimes the machines dont go the way you set the lines up, and it sucks, but when the plan comes together and machines run through your lines, it's fukking beautiful....

Nah