Horizon Franchise At 32.7M; Forbidden West Sold 8.4M Units

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Meach this is worse than your Japan time zone post
Naw y’all just do the play dumb double back gaslighting game on me.

What i said about Japan wasn’t even “wrong” i said “after” when i should have said “before” but the general point of my post was correct. They are on the other side of the earth from us so when it’s the middle of the day here when announcements would be made, it’s the middle of the night there when they would be sleeping not making announcements. They would then make their announcements in the morning which would be “the next day” for us.

But because i said “after” instead of “before” everyone else wanna act dumb like y’all don’t know what i was saying :stopitslime:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
As for this thread it actually exposed some things to me.

Y’all be stanning some empty ass numbers :ohhh:

Reading the first numbers posted my immediate reaction was “damn, that’s way less than the first one” Because I incorrectly assumed that like most any other game the majority of HZD sales would have been within a year or two of its existence.

But then @Grand Conde pointed out HZD only sold 7.6 first year. Ultimately it sold 24 million.

Meaning over 70% of its sales came in way below full price.

Sony always bundles the hell outa their games, you almost can’t buy a sony system without one of their games attached to it. And looking back at some sales, sony aggressively lowers the price of its exclusive games early on. You could buy this game for like $10 for most of those 24 million sales. They were basically giving this mug away.

And i know stan shyt blah blah…..

But this speaks to the instability of the AAA industry some devs talk about.

Sony owns the platform so they can afford to slut their games out for numbers cause they are getting the COD money to support those games.

In comparison a game like COD has a million people giving them $10 A DAY for two pistols and a hat,

Sony Sluting this whole ass game out for $10 for years just to get to 24 million people.:huhldup:

We see them saying big AAA games cost between Half a bill and a billion to make.

It’s hard to see them making very much money off this game the way they had to sell it, definitely nowhere near as much as a game like COD makes.

That’s why sony is investing big in service games going forward. They are needed to sustain the business.

Other publishers don’t have the perks of being a platform owner so their AAA games alone have to sustain themselves.

Something is really gonna have to change in the way AAA games are made and paid for.

So yeah, like i said they better get this game out on PC and everywhere else asap so they can make some money off it:ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As for this thread it actually exposed some things to me.

Y’all be stanning some empty ass numbers :ohhh:

Reading the first numbers posted my immediate reaction was “damn, that’s way less than the first one” Because I incorrectly assumed that like most any other game the majority of HZD sales would have been within a year or two of its existence.

But then @Grand Conde pointed out HZD only sold 7.6 first year. Ultimately it sold 24 million.

Meaning over 70% of its sales came in way below full price.

Sony always bundles the hell outa their games, you almost can’t buy a sony system without one of their games attached to it. And looking back at some sales, sony aggressively lowers the price of its exclusive games early on. You could buy this game for like $10 for most of those 24 million sales. They were basically giving this mug away.

And i know stan shyt blah blah…..

But this speaks to the instability of the AAA industry some devs talk about.

Sony owns the platform so they can afford to slut their games out for numbers cause they are getting the COD money to support those games.

In comparison a game like COD has a million people giving them $10 A DAY for two pistols and a hat,

Sony Sluting this whole ass game out for $10 for years just to get to 24 million people.:huhldup:

We see them saying big AAA games cost between Half a bill and a billion to make.

It’s hard to see them making very much money off this game the way they had to sell it, definitely nowhere near as much as a game like COD makes.

That’s why sony is investing big in service games going forward. They are needed to sustain the business.

Other publishers don’t have the perks of being a platform owner so their AAA games alone have to sustain themselves.

Something is really gonna have to change in the way AAA games are made and paid for.
1234177342_reporterbb3.gif

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude be saying the dumbest shyt in the most longest, drawn-out way to waste your time so that he can overwhelm you with irrelevant info to make it look like he's making a strong argument. Freaking loser shyt to do.

"Yes I know you said that you left your house at 5:30 and you couldn't have possibly made it across the city in 1 minute but then at the same time Dunkin Donuts sells hash browns for about $1 and change depending where you go and to get that with coffee would definitely not take you as much time so therefore you can vacuum your car before you head out and pick up a girl to chill with so that you can get a quick match in COD online on Xbox 1 which is better than Playstation because you will have connection issues and by then it will be 5:35 which is ample time but then you did say you went at 5:31 so you're a stan :mjlol:"

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Dude be saying the dumbest shyt in the most longest, drawn-out way to waste your time so that he can overwhelm you with irrelevant info to make it look like he's making a strong argument. Freaking loser shyt to do.

"Yes I know you said that you left your house at 5:30 and you couldn't have possibly made it across the city in 1 minute but then at the same time Dunkin Donuts sells hash browns for about $1 and change depending where you go and to get that with coffee would definitely not take you as much time so therefore you can vacuum your car before you head out and pick up a girl to chill with so that you can get a quick match in COD online on Xbox 1 which is better than Playstation because you will have connection issues and by then it will be 5:35 which is ample time but then you did say you went at 5:31 so you're a stan :mjlol:"
lmao-dead.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Naw, y’all just play to avoid any real conversations about any of this.

Then as always, we come back later and i was correct and y’all jewels again.

We already see which way this is going. Sony has their biggest and best studio working on a service game.

We already see less and less AAA games, and that trend will continue until something changes.

If it’s not attached to a huge for sure IP or a platform holder it’s not a good investment to spend AAA money on non service games.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
ConstantHeartfeltKissingbug-max-1mb.gif

Be mad as hell playstation can actually sell games brehs :laff:

Congrats to Guerrilla, Horizon is dope as hell and deserves every sale. Glad to see it outpacing HZD
70% of HZD sales were at way less than retail.

AAA games cost LOTS of money to make.

Sony can discount, and bundle it’s way to 24 million sales cause it has perks as a platfrom holder other devs don’t.

HZD shows it is increasingly difficult for the AAA single player game model to work for the majority of devs/publishers.

Expect big investment in service games from sony to sustain their business.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Crazy how microsoft hasn’t been able to do that for two generations :ohhh:
They are, y’all scoff at 25 million in a week cause gamepass, but that’s all sony did over the course of like 6 years to get this game to those numbers. Discounts, bundles, re-releases etc.

Point is, if you don’t have platform holder perks you can’t do any of this.

Which is why we are seeing successful AAA publishers still looking to be purchased.

The economics are teetering on a huge bubble right now.