Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m thinking the ps4 isn’t gonna look half as good, cause theres no way they got this much of a leap on the same generation console. PS5 has to have an entirely different scale with LoD.

I also remember thinking that HZD looked next level when i first got my PS4 pro.

sx07ayzis5781.jpg

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Full Article was posted on reddit

A lot of it was posted already but I found this part interesting:

The writers of the article note that there are several side quests available in Chainscrape. They call them "companion activities." Ben McCaw says that, "On the story side, one area that we definitely put a lot of emphasis on is side quests and companion characters. That was something we picked up on from the first game that could be improved, and we've worked really hard to do that... The big focus, though, that we wanted to change from the first game to the second, is that you just get to spend more time with key characters. That's something we tried to do consistently throughout the game. Not just for characters that you meet along the main quest, but also certain side quest characters; they don't just go away after one quest." McCaw seems to hint at the characters possibly being Skyrim-esque followers, probably not accompanying Aloy throughout the entire duration of the game but leaving Aloy with options to have companions.

In the video interview done by Game Informer after the State of Play gameplay trailer, McCaw says that "we wanted people to really grow that emotional attachment that they had with their companions." When asked about Erend, McCaw says that Aloy needed ties to her past to make sure that she's still the same person and so she "comes alive the same way," which could mean that they brought back characters from the first game to make sure that she remembers what she was fighting for.

This makes me very happy - the second of my two complains with HZD is that there wasn't enough character development or depth with any side characters besides Sylens. I think that the lack of character-building was due to the fact that much of the game's narrative efforts were geared towards world-building, a massive feat to take on due to the sheer amount of lore that the world of Horizon has to offer. With HZD players returning to play the Horizon sequel, the world and lore is already well-established - leaving more room for characters to be expanded upon.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Full Article was posted on reddit

A lot of it was posted already but I found this part interesting:

I wonder if companions you could decide the fates of in HZD like Nil and Olin will return. Nil sounds like someone that would go further west for "sport". :demonic:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wonder if companions you could decide the fates of in HZD like Nil and Olin will return. Nil sounds like someone that would go further west to for "sport". :demonic:

Yeah, I thought about that…he seemed like one of the more liked characters from the first game also

Edit also this…

De Jonge said that you are free to climb on any mountains, rocks, or cliffs now, so the world should feel a lot more open. They also talking about Aloy's jumping, and how she's able to "high-vault" onto ledges that seem just out of reach.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
One thing I love about this series is they do include a lot of black people and other people of color. I feel like being based in the Netherlands they could easily just white wash the fukk out of it and no one would bat an eye. But there seems like there was a concerted effort in repopulating the globe with racial parity. Even Gaia herself is based on a black woman, thats deep.

hfw_market.jpg
X

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
One thing I love about this series is they do include a lot of black people and other people of color. I feel like being based in the Netherlands they could easily just white wash the fukk out of it and no one would bat an eye. But there seems like there was a concerted effort in repopulating the globe with racial parity. Even Gaia herself is based on a black woman, thats deep.

I was also impressed with the variety of faces they had for NPCs. A lot open world games the NPCs start to look the same.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was also impressed with the variety of faces they had for NPCs/ A lot open world games the NPCs start to look the same.

Yeah, I’m interested in seeing how they upgraded the supporting cast animation and mo cap wise. So far we’ve only seen Sylens and Erend.

Want to see Talanah, Vanasha, and thirsty ass Varl.