Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't trip off delays. Sure it's a bit disappointing and you want the shyt as soon as possible. But a delay is always going to make a game better and there will be plenty of shyt to play. :yeshrug:
If the game comes out shytty, it's "Damn they always rushing games!" but if it gets delayed they're pissed.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The only some-what surprising news today is that GoW is cross-gen. Everything else, especially the delays are not news. I specifically started a 2021 delay thread cause of this

I expect square enix to delay ff16 next week officially also.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only some-what surprising news today is that GoW is cross-gen. Everything else, especially the delays are not news. I specifically started a 2021 delay thread cause of this

I expect square enix to delay ff16 next week officially also.
I didn't even expect GoW this year so it being "delayed" was weird as I always knew there's no way it's launching that quick.
The cross gen news is really disappointing but that doesn't mean the game will be disappointing though. Xbots just happy because it's something they can point to meanwhile Halo DID get revealed in a shytty state whilst the opposite happened with Horizon recently but they don't like context. :sas2:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"PS5 version has a different water rendering technique than PS4 + more details - The hero lighting on Aloy is only available in cutscenes on PS4"
Pretty much what I suspected. The game will still be a looker on PS4 but PS5 version will just use what amounts to "next gen" assets/lighting to stand out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
"PS5 version has a different water rendering technique than PS4 + more details - The hero lighting on Aloy is only available in cutscenes on PS4"
Pretty much what I suspected. The game will still be a looker on PS4 but PS5 version will just use what amounts to "next gen" assets/lighting to stand out.

I expect much higher fidelity on ps5 since I haven’t seen mention of RTX. Spider-man and Demon’s ran at 4k/60 on ps5 without it

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
New workbench style for upgrading Aloy.

:lupe: Hope that means armor customization or better variety of armors @Malik1time

Deep Underwater Gameplay

I don't think I've ever liked underwater sections in any if my favorite games. If GG somehow makes it fun this game will probably be a personal GOAT. :wow:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
looks cross gen as fukk so far. yall who say cross gen isnt an issue are dumb af. :mjlol:

while we wait on this 5 hour countdown...

:gucci: This game is coming out in the first year of the PS5 cycle, is cross gen and still looks Miles better than any PS4 game

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
60fps and ray tracing? But I thought the stupid PS4 was holding gaming back?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The introduction of even more flying machines, like the Sunwing, have gotten players pretty excited over the idea of Aloy using them to fly. Will we be able to explore the Forbidden West by taking to the skies?

Mathijs de Jonge: We are aware that this feature is very, very high on the wishlists of many gamers, but I cannot confirm or deny anything about this. I can only talk about what's in the actual gameplay demo that we showed.

:ohhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah I was wrong, there’s raytracing in it

How are you making use of the console’s ray tracing tech?

Mathijs de Jonge: We use ray tracing technology for a lot of things in the game. We use it for the sound engine, for the physics and for the rendering. So we use a variety of technical setups, in terms of ray tracing. I'm not a tech engineer, so I can't explain it in much more detail than this. But yes, we are utilizing it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
In an interview with Game Informer, game director Mathijs De Jonge revealed that Horizon Forbidden West's skill tree hasn't simply been updated since the first game, instead the previous skill tree has been "completely redesigned and repopulated with new skills", with new options to allowing players to upgrade Aloy's skills to suit their playstyle.

"We didn't redesign the skill tree a little, it's completely thrown out the window and started over," De Jonge explained. "So there's a whole new skill tree. Also, visually, everything is completely new. We spent a lot of time giving more options to players. Which playstyles and how exactly it works, that's something we'll go into later when we can actually show it to you."

Damn this sounds fire, i felt like the skill tree/leveling system was so ass before. Felt like you were just getting basic ass shyt when you upgraded.