Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I do kind of wish the landmarks were more prominent in this game. I understand its like 1000 years in teh future and the world was set ablaze but i want building that look more like actual real locations. We can suspend belief for the hollywood sign we can suspend believe for disney land

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Finally got around to beating it. Honestly once i gave it my undivided attention ten toes down to (re)learn the mechanics and get into the thick of things, it's an amazing experience as far as gameplay, customization and side quests. You really become addicted to (and feel rewarded when) upgrading your weapons and the skill trees and seeing the fruits of your labor.

Maybe a little too much customization tho; i recall for hours i grinded to upgrade my "very rare" spike thrower to 4 stars only to then by pure coincidence complete the shipwreck gps mission 30 minutes later and get the skykiller legendary spike thrower.. and i was like well aint that a muthafukkin bytch :mjlol:

Granted, propeller spike thrower, brace shot sharp bow, sustained burst with the AK, and maxed Radial Blast valor were all i needed in this life of sin. I didn't really use traps shredders blastlings or rope caster much in this one like i did in Zero Dawn.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What i didn't like was the story. Conceptually i thought the overall premise was more epic than Ragnorak's (aka Odin and his Jim Carrey mask) but the difference is Kratos supporting cast felt more complex with depth and weight to his development... whereas Aloy's squad was just there to remind us how great she is. The side quest characters were more fun. Sylens (RIP Lance) is the only one who had real depth and charisma.

Put another way: Kratos had personal attachment to his squad (Artreus his son; Mimir his closest confidant; Freya-we all know he gon clap them cheeks; Brok and Sindr varying levels of respect). All of whom weren't his cheerleaders and most didn't want shyt to do with him at various parts; it was a proper coming of age for Kratos to earn their respect or to respect them. In comparison, Aloy spends the first quarter of the game finding new ways to tell Varl and Erend to fukk off, with Erend looking like a love sick puppy and Varl borderline stalking her on some worshiper shyt. And there's never any real growth or dev past that; it's just accepted and then they become background contributors to the main plot.

And yea, Varl :francis:

They gas up his death like he was Captain America of the team but we didn't see him captain nothing other than "alright aloy i'll greet them once they come over". No defining moment where he gaslights her for not being a team player or for spitting on his kindness at the start of the game. It was all half-baked (even the good parts like him meeting Zoe) rushed, safe negro stuff so they could have an unneeded rallying moment that falls flat bc none of the characters even interacted with him like that. No real agency other than help Aloy. Basically the opposite of Freya. And this was after he disappeared for the final 3rd of the first game inexplicably.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
https://www.gamingbible.com/news/ho...atch-tribute-to-lance-reddikk-951484-20230622

FzThk_kXoAED8kL

RIP Lance, i honestly dont know how this series is gonna recover story wise from this. Sylens was like the most memorable character in the game

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This game is definitely going to lose a nuance that Sylens/Riddikk brought to it. Wouldn’t be surprised if the story takes a worse turn in part 3.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
This game is definitely going to lose a nuance that Sylens/Riddikk brought to it. Wouldn’t be surprised if the story takes a worse turn in part 3.
I think they’ve written themselves into a corner with Nemesis. It’s an AI 1000 years more advanced than what they found on Earth which was in addition itself 1000 years more advanced of what the people themselves are currently using. At this point it’s kinda ridiculous.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I think they’ve written themselves into a corner with Nemesis. It’s an AI 1000 years more advanced than what they found on Earth which was in addition itself 1000 years more advanced of what the people themselves are currently using. At this point it’s kinda ridiculous.

:francis: Should have made it an alien.