Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
Two different games with different expectations, styles, and strengths. Not everything can be a 1:1 comparison, especially when we’re talking about something with a sony first party budget

People spent all last year shytting on horizon in favor of Elden Ring and the latter didn’t have any above the things.
How are they different? Both games take the same traditional approach to open/semi open world design.

If we couldn't compare games because of their differences there wouldn't be any goty awards show.

What does budget have to do with decent character writing and dialogue? Ton of small/medium budget games have decent writing and dialogue.

Also I'm pretty sure Horizon forbidden west has a similar or smaller budget than Final Fantasy 16. Horizon estimated budget is 100-120 million, which is low for a game of this scope and quality. I don't have the estimated budget for Final Fantasy 16 but the estimated budget for Forspoken was 100 million or more. If goofy ass square Enix is willing to drop 100 million on shyt like forspoken then you better believe they are willing to drop significantly more on Final Fantasy.

Sounds like you are coming up with excuses for Final Fantasy 16.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How are they different? Both games take the same traditional approach to open/semi open world design.

If we couldn't compare games because of their differences there wouldn't be any goty awards show.

What does budget have to do with decent character writing and dialogue? Ton of small/medium budget games have decent writing and dialogue.

Also I'm pretty sure Horizon forbidden west has a similar or smaller budget than Final Fantasy 16. Horizon estimated budget is 100-120 million, which is low for a game of this scope and quality. I don't have the estimated budget for Final Fantasy 16 but the estimated budget for Forspoken was 100 million or more. If goofy ass square Enix is willing to drop 100 million on shyt like forspoken then you better believe they are willing to drop significantly more on Final Fantasy.

Sounds like you are coming up with excuses for Final Fantasy 16.

I don’t really have to come up with excuses, the game is gonna be huge. You just want to be convinced of the game or something. I’m not here to do that for you :yeshrug:

As far as what IIIII want out of a game it’s checking off all boxes. Great music, great combat, good storyline, good graphics. most excited for a FF I’ve been in llike a decade. And while horizon May have better dialogue and motion capture im almost positive the overall plot will be better in XVI

I was trying to get into my Horizon bag today and you got me hype for XVI again :francis:

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just pre-ordered

:snoop: I forgot that I deleted this game after I finished the story so now I have to redownload again looks like I'm not gonna play at midnight.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1 more hour:noah:

do I play tomorrow so I get enough sleep before work, or do I play when it drops and have a shytty work day?

looks like tomorrows gonna suck at work:mjgrin::francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
got to LA and met the new PAAG. Thats about it, graphics are still jaw dropping minus the serious pop-in still.

Read some impressions seems the main story is about 6 hours long, to clear the map is about 10–12 hours. So its about the same size as Iki Island

Nice to be back in AAA Land :blessed:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
got to LA and met the new PAAG. Thats about it, graphics are still jaw dropping minus the serious pop-in still.

Read some impressions seems the main story is about 6 hours long, to clear the map is about 10–12 hours. So its about the same size as Iki Island

Nice to be back in AAA Land :blessed:

mine still downloading, 4 hours left. i'm in bed :mjcry:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got up early to play before work.

Game breaking bug. When i talk to seyka to head out to Starlight, game options freeze, cant exit convo, cant head out, just endless loop of Aloy and Seyka staring at each other like morons:francis:

Edit: got it to work by restarting game twice.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Got up early to play before work.

Game breaking bug. When i talk to seyka to head out to Starlight, game options freeze, cant exit convo, cant head out, just endless loop of Aloy and Seyka staring at each other like morons:francis:

Edit: got it to work by restarting game twice.
That's not a bug, fool. That's the lesbian love angle that they're obviously pushing them to be.