Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
None of these games are gonna be exceptional,imo. They are gonna be solid titles that get overrated because they are new entries in well loved legacies ips or a new ip that is created by a well loved video game personality(Todd Howard).

Whats your definition of exceptional?

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
Whats your definition of exceptional?
I don't feel like typing out multiple paragraphs on what makes a game exceptional so I just name a few games that I consider exceptional

Red Dead redemption
Max Payne 1&2
GTA vice city and San Andreas
Half life 1 and 2
God of War & God of War 2018
The last of us
Uncharted 2
Skyrim
Portal 1 and 2
Shadow of the Collosus
Okami
Zelda: ocarina of time

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
None of these games are gonna be exceptional,imo. They are gonna be solid titles that get overrated because they are new entries in well loved legacies ips or a new ip that is created by a well loved video game personality(Todd Howard).

I mean, it may be but they won't be trash at least. :yeshrug:

Starfield better have a 60fps option tho

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
I mean, it may be but they won't be trash at least. :yeshrug:

Starfield better have a 60fps option tho
But these games are being hyped up as exceptional or goty, so "at least they won't be trash" won't be good enough.When games get called goty prematurely I expect those games to completely outclass their peers in most categories.

Why should Starfield have 60fps options on consoles?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why should Starfield have 60fps options on consoles?
that's the standard now whether they like it or not. you can't tout a machine being the most powaful eva and drop a 30fps option only.

they're getting ripped right now for Redfall due to this.

Most will GLADLY take a lowered framerate with higher frames. 1440p/60fps should easily be doable on the Series X. You got games like Forbidden West and God Of War Ragnarok showing it can be done on "weaker" machines :mjpls:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
i may be bias but i expect zelda and ff16 to be exceptional, the verdict is still out on starfield until at least we see what it looks like again this summer.

Words like overrated and overhyped are so meaningless these days :unimpressed:

Yeah, indeed. Especially considering that it's usually stated by folks that done long fell out of gaming anyways.

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
i may be bias but i expect zelda and ff16 to be exceptional, the verdict is still out on starfield until at least we see what it looks like again this summer.

Words like overrated and overhyped are so meaningless these days :unimpressed:
It's called expectations :yeshrug:

When a game like ff16 is being called a goty contender or exceptional I expect to see something amazing or something that put it above it peers in the AAA space. So far I have not seen anything from ff16 that is exceptional.

The writing and dialogue is ass. Lot of those characters in that ff16 SOP came off laughable and cringe.The graphics are inconsistent. The combat and the boss battles seems good.

Since we are in a Horizon forbidden west thread, Compare the characters Volma and Hakund and their back and forth dialogue in chainscrape

To the bullshyt dialogue and characters in that Final Fantasy 16 state of play

Volma and Hakund comes off as natural and human

The final fantasy characters are just laughable. it is as if the developers googled "how did cool white people look and talk in medival Europe" and they were linked to a reddit page.

What makes this comparison worst is that Hakund and Volma are just minor npcs. It get even worst when you compare the writing and characterization of major side character like Kotallo to those final fantasy characters:scust:.

They are being outclassed in alot of major areas by Guerilla fukking Games, Sony's B team.

Alot of critics and gamers criticize the far zenith plot and characters as being ridiculous but they are perfectly fine and are extremely exciting about the bad writing and awful characters of final fantasy 16. This is what I meant when I said it will be a non exceptional, solid title that will be overrated due to the fact it is a legacy ip.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's called expectations :yeshrug:

When a game like ff16 is being called a goty contender or exceptional I expect to see something amazing or something that put it above it peers in the AAA space. So far I have not seen anything from ff16 that is exceptional.

The writing and dialogue is ass. Lot of those characters in that ff16 SOP came off laughable and cringe.The graphics are inconsistent. The combat and the boss battles seems good.

Since we are in a Horizon forbidden west thread, Compare the characters Volma and Hakund and their back and forth dialogue in chainscrape

To the bullshyt dialogue and characters in that Final Fantasy 16 state of play

Volma and Hakund comes off as natural and human

The final fantasy characters are just laughable. it is as if the developers googled "how did cool white people look and talk in medival Europe" and they were linked to a reddit page.

What makes this comparison worst is that Hakund and Volma are just minor npcs. It get even worst when you compare the writing and characterization of major side character like Kotallo to those final fantasy characters:scust:.

They are being outclassed in alot of major areas by Guerilla fukking Games, Sony's B team.

Alot of critics and gamers criticize the far zenith plot and characters as being ridiculous but they are perfectly fine and are extremely exciting about the bad writing and awful characters of final fantasy 16. This is what I meant when I said it will be a non exceptional, solid title that will be overrated due to the fact it is a legacy ip.

Two different games with different expectations, styles, and strengths. Not everything can be a 1:1 comparison, especially when we’re talking about something with a sony first party budget

People spent all last year shytting on horizon in favor of Elden Ring and the latter didn’t have any above the things.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Posters get mad when others bring up the words "overrated" and "overhyped" while overlooking they themselves play a big part in those expectations being high as it is.

I mean you’re obviously talking about me, and what I eat don’t make you shyt. I’m allowed to be excited about games without impeding upon your bitterness. If i gas a game and it turns out bad it’s on me, i ain’t the hype police. And i don’t sit here crying about the shyt not living up to expectations either.

Go play something you like and post in that thread :camby:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I mean you’re obviously talking about me, and what I eat don’t make you shyt. I’m allowed to be excited about games without impeding upon your bitterness. :hubie:

Go play something you like and post in that thread :camby:
You can be excited while also acknowledging that others won’t feel the same the same about games in general. You aren’t the only poster who does it and it’s a recurring theme with gamers in general.

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
that's the standard now whether they like it or not. you can't tout a machine being the most powaful eva and drop a 30fps option only.

they're getting ripped right now for Redfall due to this.

Most will GLADLY take a lowered framerate with higher frames. 1440p/60fps should easily be doable on the Series X. You got games like Forbidden West and God Of War Ragnarok showing it can be done on "weaker" machines :mjpls:
I agree with you about Redfall. There is no reason why that game can't do 1440p/60 or 1080p/60.

60fps has become the standard because we are still in a cross gen phase. In the future, you gonna have to buy a PS5pro if you want 60fps

Starfield was struggling to maintain a 25fps last year. That shyt is not gonna be 60fps on consoles.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You can be excited while also acknowledging that others won’t feel the same the same about games in general. You aren’t the only poster who does it and it’s a recurring theme with gamers in general.

Its up to everyone to manage their own individual expectations. It seems more like some people just get mad that games they may not be excited for are getting attention over other games, and thats honestly too bad.

Last year we couldn’t even have a GOTY conversation because of Elden Ring and GoW, this year theres a lot of big AAA games coming out worthy of being excited for.

But im not really that jaded when it comes to games, i think the best shyt in gaming has yet to be released. A lot of yall act like you hate games. Lookin like the dude with the perm in Belly.