Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just started. Maybe 10 hours in.
:martin:
I’m about to neg that ass.

I'm sorry breh :mjcry:, I deserve to get negged but what the fukk took u so long to play the first one and shyt was on PS4 5 years ago :what:

Why are you in this thread if you haven't played the first one, Zero Dawn so basically this thread is a spoiler for who hasn't played Zero Dawn yet. :what:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I forgot next Monday is a fed holiday

Three days straight with the young Gawd Aloy

iu

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Honestly you probably shouldn't be in the thread about a sequel if you're worried about spoilers from the previous game.

They've accomplished Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy environmental details in an open world game. Glad they didn't waste energy trying to get in RT reflections and shyt. 60FPS mode will be an easy choice based off the footage I've seen (Gamersyde)

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly you probably shouldn't be in the thread about a sequel if you're worried about spoilers from the previous game.

They've accomplished Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy environmental details in an open world game. Glad they didn't waste energy trying to get in RT reflections and shyt. 60FPS mode will be an easy choice based off the footage I've seen (Gamersyde)

Exactly. That's on @levitate. I do feel bad and don't like to spoiler for someone else but it doesn't make sense for anybody who hasn't played the first one and jump in this thread about a sequel. :ufdup:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I didn't know that either but i'm still so early in the first one I don't know what that means to the plot :skip:
I don't care though

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I haven’t finished the first one but I already know how the plot went down. I’m getting this game through GameFly but I think I’ll just buy it digitally instead.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Y'all wait that long for good games to go on sale? Goddamn gamers are cheap as fukk:dead:
Nope not me I copped this a month ago...I buy games off rip I don't really want for sales unless it's a game I don't really care to play at the moment

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

• PS5 vs PS4 in another video
  • Guerrilla's assistance in Death Stranding lead to improvements in the decima engine
  • Res/Performance modes
  • Res mode is dynamic 4K/30 (mostly 2160p)
  • Perf is dynamic 1800p/60 with checkerboarding
  • Res mode is way less blurry than Perf mode
  • little differences other than screen space reflections and screen space shadows
  • ground texture resolution is way higher than ZD, material properties in ground foliage is vastly improved
  • nearly all vegetation reacts to the character, tall grass has trails left behind when walked through
  • sand, snow, grass all leaves trails
  • sand and snow reaction to your speed
  • wind and rain effects foliage
  • water rendering has been changed
  • water mesh deforms depending on terrain, with foam blending in
  • light propagates in slow moving water realistically
  • large bodies of water has improved SSR and dynamically updated cube maps
  • wave simulation in the very large bodies of water
  • foam on the ocean has a parallax effect
  • 12 ToD light bakes to color the world, double of ZD
  • increased probe density to catch ambient light, with an addition light bounce for more realistic GI
  • screen space AO/shadows assists in ambient shadowing
  • skybox has increased resolution and higher fidelity volume clouds
  • lel Pokemon on blast
  • volume effects obfuscate distance detail to improve the illusion of distance
  • NPC dialogue animation, regardless of importance, is significantly better, possibly due to performance capture
  • character model detail is significantly improved, as will show vs PS4
  • hero lighting has been toned down, but is still there. this is an artistic decision
  • visual glitches when camera cuts, day one patch improves this
  • day one patch also improves visuals in some scenes
  • Perf mode nails mostly 60fps
  • Res mode has even frame pacing
  • cutscene frame cuts can cause frame drops
  • 5 sec loads when fast travel, equally short when loading a save
  • some glitches are fixed with day one patch
  • some foliage pop-in glitches
  • some object loading glitches
  • nothing major
  • PS4 version is good but different
  • game pacing feels like a non-open world game, you can get to the end of the game without needing to do many sidequests