Honk for Jesus Save your soul. Starring Sterling K Brown and Regina Hall

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I’d give it a 6/10. Looked great and Regina and Sterling were great leads but the movie itself went nowhere. No resolution and just kind of ended. I think this could have been better as a series than a movie. Compared to a similar show The Gemstones it wasn’t nearly as funny or entertaining

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Me and my girl watched this in the theater on Saturday, it was packed with a bunch of mid age to elderly black women who i assumed thought this was gonna be a Tyler Perry type of movie... :lolbron: Their reactions were 100% funnier than the most of the movie

You got to make a top 5 most scandalous reactions post :mjlol:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished, agree with a lot of the comments here. It had some funny moments, but would have liked them to lean into the comedy even more. It seemed to be a smaller production, but could have benefitted with a bigger cast. I liked the concept with the rival preachers and would have liked to have seen more of that.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I just saw this. How come it looked and felt like a comedy, but it wasn't though? What kind of ending was that? Did they run out of time? :wtf:

It felt like they had an idea but was afraid to really go there. They really nailed the casting. Sterling was all into it, and I love Regina in anything she's in. I don't know the technical term, but I liked looking at the movie.... like really aesthetically pleasing.

The movie was playing out like it was building toward this triumphant moment with Pastor Sterling when he's clearly the downlow fugazi villain. It felt like they couldn't decide who to offend between Christians and LGBT, so they chose to do neither. I think they should have went all in with a raunchy comedy. They could have had fun with two McDonald's/Buger King franchise megachurches fighting it out for that good tithe money

Last edited:
Daps
This movie didn't know what it wanted to be. Started off funny, then went completely left. They should've gone with them fighting the new, younger church for members.

Then it just cuts off. Is there supposed to be a sequel?

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
The movie was beautifully shot. But the subject matter got really dark really fast and it ended messing up the comedy. I thought Regina Hall was especially good as the steadfast wife desperately trying to hold it together. I wonder if this movie would have been better off as a streaming series.

This.

It felt a bit rushed.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I was wondering why I didn't hear any buzz behind this movie.
shyt was ass. Writing was wack. Tone all over the place.
Another movie about a long suffering BW who's a victim of her aint shyt Black husband.
Made it halfway thru before cutting it off.