Honk for Jesus Save your soul. Starring Sterling K Brown and Regina Hall

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
i saw this in seattle in january. super funny and beautifully shot. there's one scene in particular that you NEED to make sure there are black folks around you in the theatre. i repeat. DO NOT go see this in a majority white theatre.

or just watch it at home and wild out lol :myman:

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
What yall think about this movie :francis: Didnt laugh one time during this movie
I laughed a couple of times (them in bed and the crime mob scene comds to mind) but overall I think the writing fell flat and didn't lean into both Regina and Sterling's natural comedic nature they both clearly possess. Don't know how long they spent on it but felt a lil rushed for sure.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I'm glad I only paid 3 dollars. There was no real tension in this movie at all, that I felt. And the comedy wasn't it, especially for an R-Rated movie.

They could've did this film with a PG-13 rating, easily. The actors did the best they could with the wack material they were given. This movie was trying to be too many things at once, imo.

Red Hook Summer >>>>

I'm disappointed because there should be more movies about the black church with a decent budget. I can only think of RHS and Woman Thou Art Loosed. There is so much to explore about the black church besides sex scandal and greedy pastors.

They should make a film about how the black church started in America and how it helped support the people during those extreme hardships. And a movie CENTERED around the black church's work during the civil rights era.

Just my thoughts :manny:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I didn't know this was a Monkey Paw movie!
This seemed like The Office mixed with the Bishop Eddie Long story.
I loved Sterling & Regina's acting and the cinematography, but the story felt flat to me.
I hope you mean bishop Eddie long in a $$ type of way. If you mean :sitdown: I'm straight on this.