Honestly, who cares about game preservation?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not sure what this has to do with what I said:dahell:

I agree if a disc is to be sold it should at least have some playable form of the game on it.

This is not true. You can and should preserve your games indefinitely on a hard drive.

And you can do that if you own the physical copies

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And you can do that if you own the physical copies
Your physical copy won’t have all the data. If you want to preserve a game how it’s supposed to be played you need to have the data saved on a hard drive.

You don’t even play off the disc anymore. After installation it just serves as proof of ownership.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Your physical copy won’t have all the data. If you want to preserve a game how it’s supposed to be played you need to have the data saved on a hard drive.

You don’t even play off the disc anymore. After installation it just serves as proof of ownership.

My brother stop communicating with these dudes. He knows what the deal is

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

And yet, if it gets taken off the storefront the only way you have to ever play that game again is through a physical disc or cart. There really is no if or buts about it. We just saw it happen with GTA and Metal Gear solid trilogy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And yet, if it gets taken off the storefront the only way you have to ever play that game again is through a physical disc or cart. There really is no if or buts about it. We just saw it happen with GTA and Metal Gear solid trilogy
This is not true.

If you own the game you can play it and even redownload it indefinitely.

A game being removed from the digital store has no effect on your ownership of a digital copy. Same as if you had a physical copy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is not true.

A game being removed from the digital store has no effect on your ownership of a digital copy. Same as if you had a physical copy.

So i can download the original GTA trilogy right now on consoles?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has there ever been another product that completely eliminated its entire supply chain didn't go down in price?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is not true.

They did take GTA Trilogy off storefronts and even if you bought it you couldn't access it. They said it was to edit the files in the game or something like that but it was totally gone. The possibility exist.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They did take GTA Trilogy off storefronts and even if you bought it you couldn't access it. They said it was to edit the files in the game or something like that but it was totally gone. The possibility exist.
That was a temporary and unique situation. Besides that your digital copy can still be stored indefinitely

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That was a temporary and unique situation. Besides that your digital copy can still be stored indefinitely
If you have to store your digital copy indefinitely and that becomes your only way to access it then congrats it's basically a physical copy now. The real advantage of digital is you can pull it from the cloud whenever.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you have to store your digital copy indefinitely and that becomes your only way to access it then congrats it's basically a physical copy now. The real advantage of digital is you can pull it from the cloud whenever.
Well the original idea around this thread was games preservation.

I already said that if you want to “preserve” your games you are gonna have to store them on a hardrive.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
You legit can't do that with ton's of games

I just ran into with nintendo of all systems. Popped in a game and couldn't play it until I updated the game

False. Nintendo games allow the option of games being played without being updated. It will ask your permission every time you launch it concerning the update.

No need to lie on this.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
False. Nintendo games allow the option of games being played without being updated. It will ask your permission every time you launch it concerning the update.

No need to lie on this.

Why would I need to lie about this.

I had a game paper Mario, played it before attempted to play it again and was unable to launch the game without updating it 1st.

Also happened with dragon marked by death which is a digital purchase for me.